Welcome to the message forum, the place to chat and compare notes on anything equestrian. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USING THIS FORUM: 

The Hereford Equestrian forum is for discussing equestrian and rural related topics of interest. It must not be used for advertising, nor must it be used to post defamatory or inappropriate messages.  Any comments which are considered defamatory, inappropriate, racist, rude or insulting will be removed. It should also be understood that users posting defamatory comments are exposing themselves to the risk of legal action.

Hereford Equestrian reserves the right to prevent any users from continuing to post messages on the forum.  It should also be noted that the opinions and views of users of the forum are not those of Hereford Equestrian.

This website must not be used for advertising.  Adverts will be deleted. 

By using the Hereford Equestrian Forum, you are accepting these terms and conditions. The full terms and conditions can be applied for by writing to Hereford Equestrian.

Forum: The Online Equestrian Message Forum for Herefordshire,Worcs, Glos, Shrops & Wales
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
In-hand showing classes for Youngster

I am looking to show my yearling next year, but am struggling to find shows with suitable classes. He is a Cob x Leopard Spot, so can't do M&M classes or breed classes, so am restricted to Youngstock or Partbred classes, or 'fun' classes. Does anyone recommend shows in the area that I should look out for? Hereford, Glos, Worcs border areas would be best for me, but I don't mind travelling a bit. I know that Tack Farm and Twynning Show are possibilities. Any more? Your help is appreciated.

Email  
Re: In-hand showing classes for Youngster

Hi, snap, i also have a welsh sec D cross spotty! i took her to pound Green "Showing Show" last yr (Bewdley) a show a bit later on at the same place! it was very well attended but as it is a country show it's not too much presure for them and ideal to get them used to the environment. Good luck with him, our mare is 3 in March were just getting her ready to be ridden which is quite stressful but very exciting at the same time, they are lovely horses the spotties such great temps and easy to do i just love my little girl.

Email  

Hi,
I've found that the Herefordhire Equestrian site What's On is great to find various shows throughout the summer.
Year before last the first In Hand Show of the season was at Bromyard (now Kings), not sure if they are doing it this year.
It would be worth looking at Midlands In Hand site.
Three Counties Show is big but does not need qualifying for.
Have fun.

Email  

Have a look at Cricklands (The David Broome Event Centre) > Summer Shows > Schedules for July and September.

Email