All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hacking near Bartestree

Hi - we are planning to move to Bartestree and trying to find out what the hacking is like round there? Also, is there anywhere good to box to for more hacking? Any suggestions would be very welcome - it is quite difficult to find out just from a visit and looking at maps....

Re: Hacking near Bartestree

Hello
There are a few local rides, you can go down towards the river following longworth lane, you can easily box to haugh woods in woolhope, there are also now some permissive bridleways over in westhide. Hope that helps. :-)

Thanks Debbie, thats great. Will take another look at the map with your information. We went up to Haugh Woods to take a look, looked as if the riding would be ok there, although presumably there are mountain bikes etc there was well at weekends? Do you know if you can actually ride on the fields near the river? Is it common land? Also, are there any local farmers likely to allow any riding on their land for a fee?

Hi
It may be worth you joining our Facebook page too www.facebook.com/hereford.equestrian (if you use Facebook) as you could post the same question there. I have put a post there pointing visitors to your question on this page, so don't worry if you don't want to use facebook.
Good luck
Sally

Thanks Sally, that is kind of you. I'll take a look on Facebook too...

Hi yes you can ride across the lugg flats by longworth lane, i ride on there reguarly. You can also access the lugg flats on the main ledbury road but it just depends if your horse is good with traffic as that road can get quite busy. The riding at westhide is very good, as is Haugh woods. If you are looking for anyone to ride out with, me and a friend are just down the road at lugwardine. Also, I would be willing to join you when you go out in the horsebox, if you are looking for company :)

Thanks Laura - that sounds promising. As long as we have some reasonable hacking for the week, we can always box somewhere for longer rides at weekends. Good to know we can get on Lugg meadows, as that looks like quite a big area. Will keep your email and contact you when we move, as we might be neighbours