All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mental Approach of riders

I have been competing professionally in all disciplines for over 20yrs but have recently taken a change of direction and have retrained as a personal performance coach. i have become fascinated by the effect this approach can have on an individuals performance just by changing the way someone thinks. I feel that there is a real need to offer training to riders, not only working on the ability of both themselves and their horse, but also looking at their mental approach to the sport...how many riders do you hear saying "I hate show jumping as I can never see a stride" - and then promptly go into the arena and miss at nearly every fence!
I am looking at putting together some coaching clinics focusing on a riders thought process and then applying it to when riding and competing.
Do you think there is a need for this and do you think riders would be receptive to this kind of training? I'd really appreciate any thought or comments. Many thanks

Re: Mental Approach of riders

Hi Kelda,

Good luck with your new venture!

Golden Valley Pony Club and GV Riding Club are both friends of mine of Facebook.(Look on my friends ist) Maybe you could let them know about your ideas.

Also Tregoyd Mountain Riders would be worth contacting

Katy Price

Re: Mental Approach of riders

Thanks so much for this Katy - I'll get onto it!!

Hope you're well?

Cheers again,
Kelda x