All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advice needed?

I'm currently riding at a yard, not having lessons but just time jumping and hacking. I have competed previously and had many lessons but am just interested in riding for fun now (no pressure riding as I have enough from work).
I have ridden there for a while and competed before on this particular horse but i recently asked if i could move onto a horse that is a bit more advanced as I think I'd learn more from something which isnt a riding school horse (Just something that has a bit more personality as I feel slightly held back by this horse I'm riding at the moment).
The person who owns the yard then said I don't ride we'll enough and that ill have to spend months riding and jumping without stirrups and reins before shell let me ride a more advanced horse.
But after talking to some of the women there it turns out she doesn't have any horses that are more advanced than the one I'm riding currently, and that the other more advanced horses that are at the yard are on there on livery.
I'm not really sure what to do as I'm sure if I didn't ride well enough she wouldn't let me compete previously.
I was thinking maybe she just wants me to stay having riding time every week as I pay £25 for an hour and don't ask for any assistance.

What are your thoughts, should I look into moving to another yard?

Re: Advice needed?

I would personaly look for somewhere else
What area are you in as I know of a good riding school...

I'm in the ledbury area

Try sharon pudge: 01531 670256 xxx