Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
h
Hannah
Printing T-Shirts/Banners/Postcards for this or other organizations
I found an awesome website for printing t-shirts, brochures, banners, and stuff. The reason I'm posting it, is because their prices are low, and I want to support them. PrintHero.com Here's their web site: http://www.printhero.com/ Wha...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2008 10:51am
by Hannah
f
Flores
charlie brown christmas dvd
spectacular discounts city christmas radio movie christmas who grinch the stole christmas nightmare oogies before the revenge ps2 before christmas nightmare the from christmas this whats before nightmare the song grown up christmas list place inn forge tennessee chri...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 7:56am
by Flores
g
Geena
index
flash video christmas nist video christmas tree christmas music printable sheet for piano free video funny christmas carol video flintstones christmas sheet want a music for i christmas hippopotamus siberian christmas video lights christmas burning tree video of chri...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 3, 2007 1:39am
by Geena
j
John
children christmas gift
gift corporate idea christmas christmas gift kids ideas kids cheap gift christmas christmas ideas craft fair lyrics christmas song 4th graders christmas craft for ideas ideas lights christmas christmas craft kindergartners ideas for ideas christmas gift bosses for ch...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2007 6:08pm
by John
a
Aaron
How to get in touch with Butler?
I'd like to find out how to purchase more copies of Butler's book; however, his Email address doesn't work. Can someone forward me his up to date email address and possibly phone number? Thanks in advance, -- Aaron
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2006 11:21am
by Aaron
j
Joe
BitTorrent Multi-Search engine?
Anyone here use Torrents? I found this multi-search engine for Torrents. I thought you guys might be interested? Click Here: TorrentPond.com URL: http://www.torrentpond.com/
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2006 3:54am
by Joe
f
ftpwww
The Cangjie method is outdated in 2005 !
Why is the book the only one in English ? Because even Chinese nowadays use that complicated system less and less . In typing speed contests , it is always the less efficient one . Only older people who do not want to bother to learn again still use the Cangjie metho...
Views: 590   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 11, 2006 5:16pm
by wesley
Try my Cangjie learning Webpage
Dear All, If have time try my project...cangjie learning web. http://cangjie.no-ip.com/ Have fun Keith ^_^
Views: 752   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 12:28am
by Keithwwy
u
usb4
Views: 440   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2005 4:07pm
by usb4
p
Peter
Learning Game for Cang-Jie
Hello Eddy and All! I caught a v ery interesting idea - honestly, I put together two things: Russian TV game "Field of Wonders" (or how is it called, I haven't read "Pinoccio" in English) and Chinese language. A brief comment for that game: 3 players that try to g...
Views: 532   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2005 9:47pm
by Peter
How to input simplified characters using XP's cangjie?
I am trying to figure out how to input simplified chinese using Windows XP's cangjie IME. I can input some characters, like 国 (country), but can't figure out 说 (say) or 来 (come). I've tried using the database at Wiktionary to look up codes, bu...
Views: 570   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2005 8:21am
by Jiumozhi
Chang Jie Input
Is there a downloadable table somewhere that lists the common characters against the code? Tommy
Views: 651   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 27, 2005 12:50pm
by keeety
List of Canjie Codes for Simplified Characters
The Unihan database has cangjie codes for traditional characters but not for simplified characters. Does anyone know where I can download a list/table of simplified characters and their cangjie codes. I don't need an input mechanism; I just need the actual codes to...
Views: 497   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2004 5:22am
by David Givens
Cangjie Version 6
Hi,we heard about the new Cangjie Version 6 and understand that it will be launched very soon,could you tell us whether this information is true? Or by when it will be launched? We also appreciate it very much if you could advise us,if for a newcomer of Cangjie who w...
Views: 743   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 10, 2003 12:19pm
by Eddy
Chinese Squabble Card Game
Two months of hardwork finally come to fruition. I have this little invention patented in Taiwan. Currently I have it sold from the internet and thru direct channel in taipei. This card game aims to help learner of chinese language to subconsciously acquire...
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2003 4:32pm
by antonxie
n
NSX
All Software And Cracks Here !
If you require Programs or Cracks, address. I can help you. All questions to send on e-mail: nsx@msx.ru
Views: 658   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2003 4:07pm
by NSX
Window XP
How can i use CJ in Window XP Eng. Ver.?? Must I have RichWin first...??
Views: 595   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2003 6:31pm
by dickson
Phrase of the Day
What are the origins of the Idea of "Entity/Application" in Chinese philosophy? Is there any precendant in Western thought for this Idea?
Views: 594   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2003 6:07pm
by Walter Van Patte...
Besta Dictionary
Hello, I understand from this web site that Besta Electronic Dictionary will include the Simplified Chinese Cangjie Input method in their PDA or Dictionary,do you have any informaton such as which Cangjie Version (3 or 5 )they adopted and which models are available n...
Views: 641   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2003 8:27pm
by Calvin Lim
p
Peter
Original name of CJ Method?
Hi Eddy! Glad to see that your site lives and develops. I've read some materials on Chinese history and now I'm curious - Cang Jie was the name of an official that first in Chinese history gathered and grouped characters; but there were no characters in my book, an...
Views: 601   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2002 12:27am
by Peter
Web site encoding
Pages on this site do not state their character encoding. I found by trial and error that the Chinese characters in messages display correctly if I set View/ Character Encoding to Traditional Chinese (Big 5-HKSCS). Unfortunately, I have to set that encoding by hand o...
Views: 526   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2002 7:50am
by Ed Cherlin
k
Kirk
CJS vs. Wubi
I am just now becoming familiar with Chinese text input methods, and was wondering what opinions anybody has re: Wubi as compared to CJS? It seems that Wubi was invented after CJS (late 1990's vs. 1980), but they both meet the common goals of using the 24-26 (Engl...
Views: 788   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2002 3:07pm
by Kirk
Re: Re: Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese
Is there any diagram on this site or another that shows all the shapes on a cangjie keyboard for simplified characters? If not anybody willing to scan one in and post it to me? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:You have all the simplified chrs a...
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 10:19pm
by Keith Wong
e
Eddy
Re: Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese
You have all the simplified chrs and their CJ code in my web section DOWNLOAD. Cheers! edy --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Actually forget my last post. It was just me being silly. I looked a bit harder a discovered I selected that wrong font,...
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 8:04pm
by Eddy
Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese
Actually forget my last post. It was just me being silly. I looked a bit harder a discovered I selected that wrong font, thats why the characters were not appearing. Only one more question now is there are online cangjie code lookup for simplified chinese characters...
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 7:42pm
by Keith Wong
Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese
Hi Eddy. Thanks for replying some promptly. I did download those input editors from AKong. But the problem is that all the options are in chinese. Sorry to say but my chinese isn't that good... yet! There wasn't any help in english... I got the program working bu...
Views: 877   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 7:26pm
by Keith Wong
e
Eddy
Re: inputting simplified chinese
Dear Keith: When I tested NJ-Star, it had a specific option for typing the Simplified codes. I will be surprised they have just dropped this option which is quite unique.(Most input editors process the way you described in your clear message. This is because, orig...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 7:10pm
by Eddy
inputting simplified chinese
Hi I just stumbled upon the cjmember website recently and found it very useful and interesting. I've seen some of the web pages mention that nj-star supports simplified input using cangjie codes. Now whilst I found this to be true, it seems that it doesn't use the...
Views: 570   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 5:21pm
by Keith Wong
Re: An unjustified critic of the CJ Method
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Message sent by anonymous (ÉN¥i¯à¾Ç΅­Ü¾e@hotmail.com) ??? ""Cangjie is a complicated and useless Chinese input system. Nobody in the world can master it, not even the inventor, Mr. Chu, himself. So just forget...
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2002 7:12am
by Anonymous
Re: An unjustified critic of the CJ Method
Well, your message speaks for yourself. If Cangjie is so easy, why did you still reply in English then. Obviously it takes less time to finish messages in English, right? My previous comment was only my view on Cangjie. I still think that ¡y³t¦¨¡z is the easiest...
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2002 11:39pm
by ÉN¥i¯à¾Ç΅­Ü¾e@h...
e
Eddy
An unjustified critic of the CJ Method
Message sent by anonymous (ÉN¥i¯à¾Ç΅­Ü¾e@hotmail.com) ??? ""Cangjie is a complicated and useless Chinese input system. Nobody in the world can master it, not even the inventor, Mr. Chu, himself. So just forget about learning it and try the other system like "Easy...
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2002 3:08am
by Eddy
Re: Re: Re: Cangjie for simplified Chinese
Sorry not to reply immediatly. I was moving around -for the eBook4ALL (www.ebook-4all.com) invented by the same guy who invented the CJ method. So ... you just won a free CJbook! That's my "fine" for having forgotten ton update the website on the famous 4 additional...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2002 7:38pm
by Anonymous
Re: Re: Cangjie for simplified Chinese
Many thanks for your reply. Could you tell us which web page we can get the full information of the four (4) additional signs of simplified Chinese ? Thanks again. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:In short: yes, there are 4 more signs to learn...
Views: 137   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2002 4:24pm
by Stanley
Re: Cangjie for simplified Chinese
In short: yes, there are 4 more signs to learn to type in CJ for simplified characters. commet: in not such a big deal! Look up the 4 signs in the relevant web page: they look very much like the others of the same group. When you have learn to recognize 114 signs, i...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2002 10:19am
by Anonymous
Cangjie for simplified Chinese
Hello, Does it mean in addional to Mr Chu's cangjie theory,you have added four more secondary signs for simplified chinese?What is the difference for with and without these "four"? Suppose We have already learnt traditional cangjie input,must we learnt FOUR more s...
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2002 8:57am
by Stanley
Re: Re: Cantonese extensions how to input?
Hi Alex, I study Cantonese in Boston's Chinatown at the Chinese Language Institute. Are you a student of cantonese? Thanks, Alan --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Hi ALan, You can find the required font and Cantonese Character Support...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2002 5:10am
by Anonymous
Can I down-load the Traditional Characters on to Excel '98?
I have Chinese Windows '98 and want to know if I can down-load the Traditional Characters (5,400 different) into an Excel spreadsheet file. I also want to edit it, so I can arrange the characters into the Be, Pe, Me, Fe sounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2002 5:31am
by Joseph Semling
e
Eddy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A mirror site for folks with smaller screens
1) Pages: take your time. 2) Kurzweil should be for after, I guess. I think we should made a web, slim and fast and complete, that can help well the users of CangJie. In fact, another friend ofmine, "more computer savy than me", told me that, the usual resolution fo...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2002 6:25am
by Eddy
k
kava
Re: Re:CJ describes characters without ambiguity
I agree, the homophones can cause some confusion. YiJing was easy, b/c I can guess from the context. Combinations can narrow things down a bit (e.g. chengshi is usu. city or computer program), but CJ is best for specifying a single character. Originally, when you...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2002 7:48am
by kava
k
kava
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A mirror site for folks with smaller screens
Pages: I'll work on them this week and hopefull I can send you some this weekend. (I've had a houseguest). Kurzweil ideas: sounds great, although I'm not sure how I would tackle that. I was going to link to Kurzweil's site, though. Need your help on the rest De...
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2002 7:41am
by kava
e
Eddy
Re:CJ describes characters without ambiguity
Sorry for my (typing) miss-spelling! The correct pinyin is : Yi4 Jing1 (The Book of Changes) CJ code:APHH AND VFMVM By the way ... you note that if you don't know already the chacarters for Yi4 and for Jing1 --which I am sure you know- you will have trouble (becaus...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2002 7:48pm
by Eddy
e
Eddy
Re: Re: Re: Re: A mirror site for folks with smaller screens
I like Bravenet service but I have no paying account with them for hosting. The hosting of the existing miror site is in http://www.freeservers.com/for which I pay 6 $ a month. If we go on with tis idea, I will make a one year contract. If you send me your pages I...
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2002 7:24pm
by Eddy
Re: Re: Re: A mirror site for folks with smaller screens
Should I use bravenet? I mean, do you like their service? I would just send you the pages so you could add them to your current site, but that could be very confusing. So, how about a mirror using (a different address at ) bravenet?
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2002 8:56am
by Anonymous
k
kava
Re: Re: Re: Kurzweil --30 years future!
>based on a Ying Jing structure Very interesting. What is the CJ code for "Ying Jing"? Is that Jing like crystal?
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2002 6:06am
by kava
e
Eddy
Re: Re: ChangJie virtual keyboard
Sorry I did not react earlier to your question. Reason: I do not understand it well! Please, could you clarify on which platform you are working? Is-it Win 9x, English version? Then that will justify using TWBridge. The virtual (soft) keyboard is awailable for tradit...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2002 6:01am
by Eddy
e
Eddy
Re: Re: Kurzweil --30 years future!
His predictions are shared by Chu Bangfu who voiced them many years ago in his novel "The minstrel of the Universe"! And that's one of the reasons he has been working (for the last 20 years) on a natural language program be sure these "spiritual machines" will behave...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2002 5:42am
by Eddy
e
Eddy
Re: Perfect CJ-Font?
Hi Alex! Another one of your good questions! 1) You refer to the character JJA, (zhe1, those, he who). but I always had problems with the delineation of the shapes of this character. I see it with the shapes GH A! Till the day I found the font ¡§li¡¨ which clearl...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2002 5:23am
by Eddy
k
kava
Re: Kurzweil
I can't believe you mentioned Ray Kurzweil's 'Age of Spiritual Machines' -- that's my all-time favorite book! That guy invented everything from music synthesizers to speech-to-text (dictation) software. I especially like his predictions for the next few decades. Tru...
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2002 4:19am
by kava
e
Eddy
Re: Possible Improvements: Progressivity of characters, Color, and Piyin
Cher Alex: Sorry to be late in answering your useful message. How could we improve without critics! Thanks for your critics. We want more critics: shoot! 1) Your point 1: I have tried very hard, especially in Chapter one and two, but also in chap 3 and 4, to choo...
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2002 1:17am
by Eddy
e
Eddy
Re: Another place to find codes and more
Another solution, cooler: please try the excellent website of brother Ahong, in Malaysia: You can do exactly what you said you need: paste a character and it will give you immediately the CJ code plus pinyin and zhuyin. http://www.chinesecj.com/. MORE: you can aslo i...
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2002 10:13pm
by Eddy
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet