Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
inputting simplified chinese

Hi I just stumbled upon the cjmember website recently and found it very useful and interesting. I've seen some of the web pages mention that nj-star supports simplified input using cangjie codes.

Now whilst I found this to be true, it seems that it doesn't use the simplified cangjie codes, but uses the traditional cangjie codes. For e.g. if i wanted to type in the word qing3 (please), in traditional cangjie code it would be YRQMB, and in simplified cangjie code it is IVQMB. However in nj-star I still need to type in YRQMB even when I'm in simplified characters mode.

Did I miss something in the options or settings of nj-star? Or is this a limitation of nj-star?

Keith

Re: inputting simplified chinese

Dear Keith:

When I tested NJ-Star, it had a specific option for typing the Simplified codes. I will be surprised they have just dropped this option which is quite unique.(Most input editors process the way you described in your clear message. This is because, originally, CJ input was more used in Taiwan for traditional characters).

Please note that if you used TwinBridge, you can type directly in Simplified shapes-form with the editor downloadable from the website.

More over, the Malaysia website by AKong has had for sometime CJ input editors very easily installable in any kind of Windows OS (Chinese and English), including for CJ direct input in simplified shapes. Go there and get it, and install it without hesitation.His codes are the same as what I indicate in my book (and web).

The codes of the CJ input in NK-Star are slightly different from those of AKong and mine (the orthodox ones..) but I think, in some respect, some are better (more intuitive). However, I forgot if they have (like mine and AKong's), the possibility to really have one character per code.

Please, check these things (including write to NJ-Star) and come back if a question cannot be solved.

Eddy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi I just stumbled upon the cjmember website recently and found it very useful and interesting. I've seen some of the web pages mention that nj-star supports simplified input using cangjie codes.

Now whilst I found this to be true, it seems that it doesn't use the simplified cangjie codes, but uses the traditional cangjie codes. For e.g. if i wanted to type in the word qing3 (please), in traditional cangjie code it would be YRQMB, and in simplified cangjie code it is IVQMB. However in nj-star I still need to type in YRQMB even when I'm in simplified characters mode.

Did I miss something in the options or settings of nj-star? Or is this a limitation of nj-star?

Keith

Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese

Hi Eddy.

Thanks for replying some promptly.

I did download those input editors from AKong. But the problem is that all the options are in chinese. Sorry to say but my chinese isn't that good... yet!

There wasn't any help in english... I got the program working but I couldn't output characters into any of my applications. When I type a drop-down appears which shows the characters I just typed but when I finish I just end up with a question mark instead of a chinese character. I think perhaps its outputting the chinese character in a incompatible encoding on my machine. Don't khow to change it to output GB or Big5.

Keith

Replying to:

Dear Keith:

When I tested NJ-Star, it had a specific option for typing the Simplified codes. I will be surprised they have just dropped this option which is quite unique.(Most input editors process the way you described in your clear message. This is because, originally, CJ input was more used in Taiwan for traditional characters).

Please note that if you used TwinBridge, you can type directly in Simplified shapes-form with the editor downloadable from the website.

More over, the Malaysia website by AKong has had for sometime CJ input editors very easily installable in any kind of Windows OS (Chinese and English), including for CJ direct input in simplified shapes. Go there and get it, and install it without hesitation.His codes are the same as what I indicate in my book (and web).

The codes of the CJ input in NK-Star are slightly different from those of AKong and mine (the orthodox ones..) but I think, in some respect, some are better (more intuitive). However, I forgot if they have (like mine and AKong's), the possibility to really have one character per code.

Please, check these things (including write to NJ-Star) and come back if a question cannot be solved.

Eddy

Replying to:

Keith

Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese

Actually forget my last post. It was just me being silly. I looked a bit harder a discovered I selected that wrong font, thats why the characters were not appearing.

Only one more question now is there are online cangjie code lookup for simplified chinese characters? The one mentioned for traditional characters is very good.

Replying to:

Dear Keith:

Eddy

Replying to:

Keith

Re: Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese

You have all the simplified chrs and their CJ code in my web section DOWNLOAD.

Cheers!

edy

Replying to:

Actually forget my last post. It was just me being silly. I looked a bit harder a discovered I selected that wrong font, thats why the characters were not appearing.

Only one more question now is there are online cangjie code lookup for simplified chinese characters? The one mentioned for traditional characters is very good.

Replying to:

Dear Keith:

Eddy

Replying to:

Keith

Re: Re: Re: Re: inputting simplified chinese

Is there any diagram on this site or another that shows all the shapes on a cangjie keyboard for simplified characters?

If not anybody willing to scan one in and post it to me?

Replying to:

You have all the simplified chrs and their CJ code in my web section DOWNLOAD.

Cheers!

edy

Replying to:

Replying to:

Dear Keith:

Eddy

Replying to:

Keith

Re: inputting simplified chinese

Brother your also can use Cangjie in NJ-Star I think your problem can be easily overcome by changing the display code into GB code ( Simplified Chinese Characters ). Follow this step you will get it right.

Step 1 Open the Help pull down many in NJ-Star. Your should see an menu regarding the interface of English , Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. Just click the simplified chinese then you can see you screen appeared to be all simplified chinese inclusive of the menu. Then go to the pull down menu of other input menthod and select cangjie simplified chinese and you will be right. Some rules are slight different between tranditional and simplified characters due to its writting stroke habit different even though the character exactly the same. Example Wang (yellow) Simplified Chinese code TLWC but Traditional Chinese code TMWC etc. X key also got different usage and the rules of selecting code are slight different. However no worry still very easy to master and its take about few minutes to be mind set and change over if you know the different.

Asking for help. Chinese Star v2,97 does not self support simplified chinese as V2.0 or V2.5 so i need to download a file which previously present in V2.0 to incorporate it to V2.97. The file name called cscj.imf . Can anyone help me to let me know where can i download this file. Thanks

my email address - lennon@foong18.com

Replying to:

Keith