Return to Website

Cang Jie Input Method Forum

Exchange of any ideas regarding the Cang Jie input method and other input methods for Chinese characters as well as the works and projects of Henry Chu BangFu, the inventor of the Cang Jie System.

Cang Jie Input Method Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Window XP

How can i use CJ in Window XP Eng. Ver.??

Must I have RichWin first...??

Re: CJ in Window XP: yes!

ENGLISH Win XP Professional (or multilingual version) can be used in Chinese without need of any Chinese addon program like RitchWin or TwinBridge, etc. and then CJ is the graphic input method of choice.

Simple two steps operation:

A) Go to Control Panel==> [Regional Options]. In the tab "Language" ceck on [Install file for Far East Languages]. Click on [Apply] and then OKAY.

At this step, you have Chinese installed in your computer.

B) Now establish you input methods by going: Control Panel: => [text Service]. Choose [Add] to add Chinese. A dialogue box will open where you choose the languages you need. Choose Chinese Taiwan for Traditional characters. You can also include Simplified characters by checking on : Chinese (PRC). Then under Keyboard, they will be available a list of input methods. Choose Changjie or New Changjie. {Apply} and OKAY.

The NEW INPUT METHOD WILL APPEAR IN THE LANGUAGE BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN.

I wish you will succeed your installation. Please, let us know. I will explain this again in the coming days with snap shots of the various dialogue boxes involved PLUS, the new possibility to use CJ Version 5 on Win XP, in a very easy way also.

Eddy.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Re: Re: CJ in Window XP: yes!

When I select Chinese PRC, There is no Cangjie method available in the list. I get NeiMa, QuanPin, ShangPin and ZhengMa. Cangjie is only available if I select Chinese Taiwan. That IME does not seem to support specific simplified codes such as CIJ for qian2.

Replying to:

ENGLISH Win XP Professional (or multilingual version) can be used in Chinese without need of any Chinese addon program like RitchWin or TwinBridge, etc. and then CJ is the graphic input method of choice.

Simple two steps operation:

A) Go to Control Panel==> [Regional Options]. In the tab "Language" ceck on [Install file for Far East Languages]. Click on [Apply] and then OKAY.

At this step, you have Chinese installed in your computer.

B) Now establish you input methods by going: Control Panel: => [text Service]. Choose [Add] to add Chinese. A dialogue box will open where you choose the languages you need. Choose Chinese Taiwan for Traditional characters. You can also include Simplified characters by checking on : Chinese (PRC). Then under Keyboard, they will be available a list of input methods. Choose Changjie or New Changjie. {Apply} and OKAY.

The NEW INPUT METHOD WILL APPEAR IN THE LANGUAGE BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN.

I wish you will succeed your installation. Please, let us know. I will explain this again in the coming days with snap shots of the various dialogue boxes involved PLUS, the new possibility to use CJ Version 5 on Win XP, in a very easy way also.

Eddy.

Replying to:

Re: CJ in Window XP: yes! not home edition XP

I just bought Dell Laptop and installed the Chinese(Taiwan) as another language option. However, the key method does not have Cangjie. Do you know how can I get it?

Re: Re: CJ in Window XP: yes! not home edition XP

I found the site and down loaded CJ after I google searched the internet.