Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Mark
THE LAKE
Is Rangeley lake FLY Fishing only? Can 12 year old use a spinner rod>?? Are motors allowed?? Bugs still awful /
Views: 767   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2006 9:19am
by Mark
j
Justin
How's the weather up there?
I'll be up next Tuesday, hoping for some sun. Flies still biting?
Views: 657   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2006 8:00am
by Rangeley Region ...
fishing mooselook
I'm heading up to Mooselook in a couple of weeks, Some family, friends, and I have been going up every year. Some dating back more than twentyfive years. We've taken some nice salmon and brookies out of there. I was wondering if anyone knows what depth they have be...
Views: 907   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 13, 2006 12:27pm
by Buzzy
Trolling Rangeley
Trolling on Rangeley this spring has been great with many large salmon and some decent trout caught. Talking with some early fisherman at Sam-o-set camps in May at ice out they reported days with 30 fish caught and released on streamers and sewn bait. After the fast...
Views: 880   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2006 12:59pm
by Bob Herman Jr
j
Justin
Are the Black Flies eating us humans yet???
Coming to Rangeley next week from Black Fly-less NY to do some fishing, wanted to see how much bug dope I should bring(or cigars). Any suggestions?
Views: 810   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 7, 2006 2:41pm
by Shaun Swain, Ran...
j
Justin
Spinner rod and lure...
...As opposed to fly-fishing, where can I fish with a standard rod and reel and expect to catch some fish? Is it possible to catch anything from the shores of the lakes and ponds and if so can anyone name some good spots. I'll be up next weekend. Thanks.
Views: 719   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2006 6:28pm
by Justin
Trolling Rangeley
Excellent September fishing on Rangeley this past week with several salmon in the 4-6 pound range. Warm and humid weather conditions these past few days as well as a south wind haven’t hurt the bite on large salmon. One day, brothers Wally and Dave caught and r...
Views: 1400   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2006 1:59pm
by Bob Herman
Fly fishing big Brookies
May 22 2006, not a great day to fly fish,37 degrees, windy,and a cool drizzle. It didn't seem to matter to the fish. We were fishing a deep current coming out of a lake and the big brookies were stacked and feeding. Sinking line was needed to get down as the fish wer...
Views: 923   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2006 4:47am
by Rangeley Region ...
Rangeley Lake Ice Out
The ice was officially declared off of Rangeley Lake at 8:31 a.m. on April 24 2006. Trollers started fishing on Saturday 4/2306 and really had good fishing with many 4-5lb. salmon being caught.Sunday was a different story as the fishing slowed. We fly fished one of t...
Views: 889   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 1:37pm
by Rangeley Region ...
Ice out
The Ice left Mooselookmeguntic Lake on April 20 and hopefully more water will come out of the mountains to fill it up. Rangeley Lake will need a few more days to be ice free. Quimby pond was ice free(80%) on April 18 and I fished it for about an hour and caught 3 nic...
Views: 849   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 3:39am
by Rangeley Region ...
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Free Forum powered by Bravenet