Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fishing mooselook

I'm heading up to Mooselook in a couple of weeks, Some family, friends, and I have been going up every year. Some dating back more than twentyfive years. We've taken some nice salmon and brookies out of there. I was wondering if anyone knows what depth they have been most active at and what has been working the best. Any info. would be great.
Thanks, Steve

Re: fishing mooselook

Steve,
I found fish at just about all levels yesterday(5/29/06) with the most active fish feeding at 18'. Frozen smelt and D.B.Smelt lures worked best for me. The surface temperature was58 degrees.
Tight Lines
Ray

Steve,
I have been fishing Mooselook for many years and have done very well catching a Salmon that weighed over 5lbs and many others in the 4lb range. However, many of the people I fish with (brother, father, cousin, brother-in-law and friends of the family) often don't catch anything more than a buzz. Especially my brother-in-law, he seems to have the worst luck of all. Occationally, I'll let him fish in my boat and while I'm catching fish from my side, his side of the boat won't even get a hit. I guess a lot of it has to do with luck but I bet if he could keep his lines from constantly being tangle he might do a little better. Oh well, good luck and maybe I'll see you out there. They call me "The Salmon King".

'The Salmon King'???....The only person I've heard refer to you as any type of king is yourself. From what I hear, 'they' call you 'Rainbow' and that nickname has nothing to do with fishing.