FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Never Reissued Felt Tracks

http://felt.planetaclix.pt/Discography/default.htm#fbs

It's a collection of the Cherry Red albums, the first Absolute Classic Masterpieces compilation, and a disc containing single tracks. Essentially, (nearly) all the Cherry Red material in a slipcase.

"Now Summer's Spread It's Wings Again" is available on this Cherry Red compilation - http://www.cherryred.co.uk/cherryred/artists/cherryredboxsets.php

The version of "A Preacher In New England" that features here is actually the album version from "The Splendour Of Fear" - the alternate shorter recording of "Preacher....." from the Penelope Tree 12" single has never featured on CD.

In the new brilliant book from the guys at "Foxtrot Echo Lima Tango" there are pages from the artwork of the reissue of "Bubblegum Perfume", scheduled for Cherry Red release in 2007 but is still to be completed. In the notes on the artwork Lawrence has replaced "A Wave Crashed On Rocks" in the tracklisting with "Female Star". I know from my interview with Lawrence that the 2003 reissue of "The Pictorial Jackson Review" was to have dispensed with the Martin Duffy instrumentals to be replaced with a studio version of "When The Dawn Starts Creeping In" and "Tuesday's Secret" - I seem to believe the latter is an earlier recording than the one that featured on "Space Blues", although I'm not 100% sure.

Revised List

Thanks for the info Lee! As mentioned before, all other Felt tracks can be found on the reissued albums and the Absolute Classic Masterpieces and Stains on a Decade compilations.

Break It

From Index 7". Never released on CD.

Red Indians

An earlier version of the track appearing on Splendour of Fear album. From Something Sends Me to Sleep 7". CD release on Felt Box Set.

Something Sends Me to Sleep

Alternative version. From Something Sends Me to Sleep 7". CD release on Felt Box Set.

My Face is on Fire

From My Face is on Fire 7". CD release on Felt Box Set and Pillows and Prayers compilation.

A Preacher In New England

Shorter version of the track appearing on Splendour of Fear album. From Penelope Tree 7"/12". Never released on CD.

Now Summer's Spread its Wings Again

From Penelope Tree 12". CD release on The Cherry Red Singles Collection boxset.

Sunlight Strings

From Sunlight Bathed the Golden Glow 12". CD release on Felt Box Set.

Crucifix Heaven

Removed from recent reissues of Strange Idols Pattern album. CD release on early reissue of album.

Cathedral

Re-recorded version of track from Crumbling the Antiseptic Beauty album. From Primitive Painters 12" and CD single.

Candles in a Church

From Ballad of the Band 12". Never released on CD.

Fire Circle

From Final Resting of the Ark 12". CD release on Creation Soup Volume 5 compilation.

Buried Wild Blind

From Final Resting of the Ark 12". CD release on Creation Soup Volume 5 compilation.

Female Star

From Space Blues 12". Never released on CD.

Tuesday's Secret

From Space Blues 12". Never released on CD.