FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Foxtrot Echo Lima Tango Book For Sale On Ebay

Wow well done, £98 who'd have guessed that, think it only cost a few quid when it came out, wonder what that £40 photo book is worth!

Kind of wish I'd not seen this! I have a copy, which I'd never considered selling before but £100 seems a good return on something that cost a tenner!

I went to the 'other' book launch at Rough Trade and my wife offered to get me a copy for me as a birthday present, which I foolishly declined. £30 seemed a lot to pay at the time. Of course with hindsight:-(

The other one's a coffee-table photo book in essence, isn't it? At the time it came out, I'd been shelling out for a number of hefty art books and so had to pass on the First Third Felt book. But in any case Felt's recorded output is what it's all about for me, with Lawrence's skewed take on art and life as disseminated in interviews following behind, so the decision to pass on a lot of photos featuring the likes of Gary Ainge and Marco Thomas was fairly easily made. At the time I got into them, Felt were one of those 'faceless' bands, a bit like (and this is hard to credit these days, given that they've both gone on to have high public profiles) Pink Floyd and New Order were at the same sort of time. Not really knowing who Felt were or what they all looked like was part of the charm.

Whoops only a year and a half late replying but yes I was really happy with book sale result and got my hands on the Felt re-issues, so don’t feel too bad.

Cheers Walter!
Congrats!