FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Get a crowd

Hi i take your point. However lots of bands play gigs on a regular basis without any new material to promote.I was wondering if the gigs were cancelled because of slow ticket sales!If that was the case my thought was to reverse the process and get an audience and then approach Lawrence with the idea.Obviously the logistics might be awkward but with enough people perhaps even a tour.To be frank it irks me that a lot of dross are earning a living whilst true originals like Lawrence are scratching a meagre existence.

I went to the one in Preston. The change of venue didn't help, the place was a dive and it was only half-full. Lawrence wasn't as up for it as he was in Glasgow a few months previously and had someone sent round the hall asking everyone to come to the front of the stage because all the space was making him uneasy. Credit goes to Terry Miles who was absolutely superb and seemed to keep everything going.

Hi,i am trying to approach this from the other angle,get a load of people who want to see Lawrence and then approach his management with a proposal and a venue that best suits.I suspect(but i dont know)that the last gigs were cancelled because of low sales!) It would be an absolute crime if this man couldnt make some kind of living because of his unique take on things. We have to do something!!!

Hi, once upon a time in Paris (2006, I believe) I asked Gary Ainge for Lawrence'e manager (or management, I can't recall precisely).
He just laughed in my face.

Unfortunally, Lawrence has been his worst enemy regarding promotion. We're not in the 80's.....nowadays the internet is a powerfull tool to self-promotion and Lawrence doesn't take ANY advantage of it. I've to sweat my brains (googling, expecting mails from fans, checking sites) to see what he's up to.

I just don't cares....i think he believes his art, his music is sufficient.

We know it isn't....that's why you're sending this appeal, Steve (and bravely too), but I respect Lawrence's determination, as irrational as it seems to me.

Probably what will work is another Gathering like the one in Paris (the place was well packed), it was organized by Christophe Basterra (from MagicRPM magazine).
Phil King and Jarvis Cocker DJing, what a party it was.

I hope you succeed Steve.

Cheers,
Rui