WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD

https://www.facebook.com/MOMS-Mothers-of-Murdered-SonsDaughters-204883439

You can find on Facebook at:

Debbie Wiley – MOMS Founder 

Messageboard is back up, please join other moms on the messageboard.

-->
WELCOME TO MOMS MESSAGEBOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: support for a dear friend

Dear Kim
I am sorry I was late with this reply but I wasn't on MOMS for a couple of days. The ladies have given you good advice.I know I wasn't very friendly towards my friends during the first year.I wanted them near me,yet I needed distance too,to figure things out.I had a feeling that the trial wouldn't really help her much as those mothers who have been through trial have said that your child is still dead no matter what.I haven't gone to trial and my son Nicky died March 31 2008.His trial is set for June 13th 2011.It is all just a waitng game to see if there will be some closure at that time.The best advice I can give you like the others is to just talk about her to her and in the present tense like how about when Megan did this or that.It makes it seem like they are still thought of in the here and now.I don't know if that makes any sense.You may call her and she doesn't answer for a while don't give up,keep calling her,she will feel like being alone in her grief at times,she is a different friend than you are used to.She needs to figure out her new role.Let her.You do sound like a wonderful friend and I'm glad you found us I do hope that you will send her our way,she may find it a little healing.I hope Megan's boyfriend got a huge sentence,it is never enough but hoping it was huge anyway.Love and God Bless

Re: support for a dear friend

Thank you, Barb. You are so right. There are times when I can't reach my friend for weeks and I want to give up or feel that I am "bugging" her. I appreciate the "giving her space and then trying again" approach.
I am so sorry your trial is so far off. Not that it makes things better but it is one more step. Megan's killer will be sentanced in November...
With love and gratitude,
Kim