Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
k
Kevin
Ice-Out Fishing Special - Private Suite on Rangeley Lake
Looking for a great place to stay during "ice-out" fishing the Rangeley Lakes Region this spring? Check out our posting on Craigslist http://maine.craigslist.org/vac/1041597391.html
Views: 583   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 4:12am
by Kevin
September 17, 2008 Fall Fishing Report
The last two weeks of September provide some of the best fishing of the year. Temperatures are cool, there are few biting bugs to contend with, and the scenery is increasingly spectacular. But, best of all, salmon and trout respond to the cooler temperatures with i...
Views: 739   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2008 6:16am
by Forrest Bonney, ...
Maine IF&W Fishing Report for August 20, 2008
A quick count of the field forms indicates that we’ve sampled nearly 20 waters this summer, some of which hadn’t been resurveyed for 20 years or more. The truth is we’ve gotten behind on our regular lake sampling schedule the last few years while we...
Views: 717   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2008 7:00pm
by Forrest Bonney, ...
Fishing Report For the Week beginning July 21, 2008
Stream flows in the Rangeley region are finally beginning to look normal. Late-afternoon thunderstorms seemed like a daily occurrence through much of June, and this kept flows in our major rivers unusually high. On the positive side, the high flows were generally cou...
Views: 731   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2008 7:23am
by David Boucher, R...
Weekly Open Water Fishing Report
A study to evaluate the effect of adding large woody debris (more commonly known as trees) to headwaters of the Sunday River has grown to a major brook trout research effort thanks to the involvement of Dr. Stephen Coghlan of the University of Maine. The original st...
Views: 723   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2008 3:04am
by Forrest Bonney, ...
fishing mooselook
i'm heading up to mooselook next week and was wondering what the depth the salmon and trout are hitting. any info would be great
Views: 986   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 5:36am
by Jack Cash
j
john
Mountain Pond
Has anyone fished Mountain Pond? I was thinking about hiking in, but am not sure it is worth it with only waders (I don't own a boat or float tube). Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks -john
Views: 701   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2008 8:42am
by john
Open Water Fishing Report for the Week beginning June 23, 2008
Summer fishing conditions are upon us. Warming water temperatures in lakes and ponds are forcing coldwater fish species to seek thermal refuge. It’s easy for fish to find these conditions in most large lakes by just going deeper. That’s also what anglers...
Views: 697   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2008 3:18pm
by David Howatt, Fi...
Weekly Open Water Fishing Report For the Week beginning June16, 2008
The Androscoggin River was, until fairly recently, so polluted that it was a place to avoid, rather than a destination for recreation. With dramatic improvements in water quality and public access, the river has rapidly transformed into a major recreational attractio...
Views: 593   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2008 5:17am
by David Boucher, F...
j
john
Ideas About Saddleback Lake
I'm hoping that folks might weigh in. I am curious about the relative health of Saddleback Lake as a Brook Trout Fishery. The reason I ask is that I fish that Lake religiously for about 1 week each year during July. -- all fly fishing, all catch and release. Last...
Views: 630   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2008 4:25pm
by john
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Free Forum powered by Bravenet