FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Love/Hate

I hate the Rolling Stones because they wanted to be 60s rock and roll rebels who took illegal drugs and wanted to be anti-establishment only to become an OBE band kneeling before the Queen.

I hate Alice Cooper who promotes his "scary goulish" image five days a week on his rock show in one breath, only to talk about how he loves to tee off at his local golf course in the next.

I hate Ozzy Osbourne who also likes to bestow upon himself a horror theme in his musical endeavours, only to show himself to be about as menancing as a cute teddy bear in his familial televised appearances.

I hate Sting who uses his musical success to promote his ecological interests.

I hate Geldof and Bono who likewise used their achievements to put them in a position to argue against Margaret Thatcher and others about the hungry.

I love Felt because they had a simple honesty that was just concerned with pristine crystalline music; an honesty that was equally crystal clear and that has never become polluted with false imagery and OBEs. And no, I know for a fact that MD would have no hesitation in refusing something as worthless as a regal reward. And I would make an educated guess that Haybaler's response would be the same.

Quite frankly, I am now feeling quite ill at this point. Concentrating on this suject matter is causing me psychic distress. I need open Soul surgery and there can be only one surgeon who can help me. His name is Maurice Deebank and his surgical instruments are "Inner thought Zone". Please all go and plug it in as soon as possible and join me on the astral plane for purifying purposes.

See you there.

Re: Love/Hate

As a certain punk turned butter-seller once said, "Anger is an energy". So is enthusiasm. I agree with all the reasons you have put towards the bands you mention, yet I personally feel it is better to feel indifference toward these poor souls - in essence - to "pay no mind". Diverting your hatred of these bands (who quite frankly are not worth the hassle) into enthusiasm towards bands you love may be a more enriching prospect and make you less ill. Just a suggestion - it certainly works for me.

RE The Stones: Keith declined a CBE and has been v critical of 'Sir' Micks **** licking of establishment. Pedantic I know but can't dis Keith.

Agree 100% with your other targets though. Bono Sting and Geldof. Is it just that i hate being lectured about poverty by a multi millionaire?

Good point. Wasn't it John Lennon who sang "Imagine no possessions"?