FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is your favourite Felt song?

Sunlight is one of my favourite singles by any pop group. Beautiful melody + slightly acerbic lyric = fabulous song

Re: Dear Tom Hall.

I am also quite eager to give the third and final component part of my top 3. I would just like to wait a little longer, however, and see if any more Felters wish to give their thoughts over to the forum where this matter is concerned (please see my post above which is addressed to lady Felters).

Good to hear from you again and the other contributers. Your offerings are received with much gratitude.

Time is up for today I am afraid.

"A Preacher in New England" has been selected. A few words about this particular instrumental will, I am sure, be welcomed by many FFFs.

An exquisite guitar composition from the great master of the six-string sees relentless arpeggiation spread across no fewer than 12 channels of J. Rivers mixing desk, accompanied by delicate string sounds of a Roland Juno 8 synthesizer. Originally written to be paired with, "And Summer Spreads Its Wings Again", it was eventually cleverly and meticulously sewn together to the end of the latter in order to extend it for the "Spendour of Fear". This version of the piece is an example of how utterly skilled MD is when it comes not only to composing, but also to arrangement and rearrangement of already existing pieces.

How he managed to have the insight and inspiration to see ahead how it is that two discrete and completley different pieces of music could be brought to together in holy martrimony, is certainly yet again testimony to his musical supremacy. And yes, the harmony and the melody are stunning and a true exhalation of the Divinity. Amen.

Penelope Tree
Rain of Crystal Spires
Dismantled King Is Off The Throne (Blanco y Negro demo version)
Cathedral (Primitive Painters B-Side version)
Birdmen
Primitive Painters

Hard to choose between any of those.

We are continuing to see responses about Felt favourites. This can be no bad thing, but I am beginning to conclude that despite my call for female company (in the strictly asexual sense) we are pretty much an all boys club. I am a little disappointed, but not to worry. Perhaps FFF's can try a little harder to convert their partners, friends and family members to become Felt worshippers; because this global state-of-affairs that exists whereby Felt are loved and adored by an exiguous number only is not doing the world population any good at all. They must be made to realise that a person cannot be whole if they are not experiencing Felt music on a fairly regular basis. It is music that is unique not only in the way that it is manifested, but also in essence. I really do not have the time to exaptiate further on this right now, but I am sending out a clarion call to all FFF's to try and introduce Felt music to others. It really is your duty and responsibility to try and educate others in what is truly a very dim world indeed. This responsibility comes from having a greater knowledge and understanding. Therefore please use it for the benefit of others. And also remember that it is for the purpose of sharing that our benevolent site-master set up this web site.

Please proceed to the next new post for a little more on this subject.

now you've got a girl's choice:

hours of darkness have changed my mind (sublime)
trails of colour disolve
the stagnant pool

"a man is a boy, a boy is a child, a woman's son" and then the guitare hops lightly.
sublime.