FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pull Down The Future: A Day With Lawrence

Just saw this on the Teenage Fanclub message board: it's taking place in Glasgow, by the way.

http://www.teenagefanclub.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45423&sid=2e827a5c7ad8b9b770ad172a73ac13e2

The Poetry Club are honoured to present an evening in the company of this unique artist.

There will be a screening of the 2011 documentary film "Lawrence Of Belgravia" followed by an "in conversation" with Lawrence. The film is an extraordinary intimate voyage filmed over eight years, which explores Lawrence's obsession with fame and the thing that keeps him from it - an unswerving dedication to his singular musical vision.

An exhibition of previously un-seen collage pieces will be presented in the Gallery Arch, and will include a collaborative intervention with the works by Lawrence himself and the artist JIM LAMBIE.

Then the evening with be rounded up with an appearance by Go Kart Mozart, who will be playing an exclusive UK ONE TIME ONLY performance of material from the current album "On The Hotdog Streets".

Saturday 23rd February
Itinerary of events -

4.30pm - 6.30pm
"Lawrence Of Belgravia". A Screening of Paul Kelly's 2011 documentary (inc. post film in-conversation with Lawrence).
The fim screening will be a seated event.

7 - 9pm.
Exhibition Preview. An in situ collaborative visual art piece created by Lawrence & Jim Lambie.

The screening & Exhibition are FREE (admission will be on a first come first served, and space will be limited.)

*Gig & Club event - Admission £10.

10.30pm
GO KART MOZART live performance. (running time 45.mins)

11.20pm - 2am
Club Nite with special guest DJs.

Tickets @ £10 available from - http://lawrence.brownpapertickets.com/

Cheers for this (and love the name - think this is the best yet! Much better than my effort!)

"an exclusive UK ONE TIME ONLY performance..." - hmm, that's a shame

To my absolute horror I've only just found out about this and it's sold out already.

If anyone has a ticket they are unable to use, please contact me and I'll gladly cover it's cost.

pauljosephkelly @ hotmail dot com