FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GKM RSD2012?

I was just looking on a thread on a different site that is listing all the releases that have been confirmed so far for Record Store Day 2012 (aka EBay Traiders Day 2012). Anyway, it lists "Go Kart Mozart New World in the Morning 7".

(About a third of the way down, there's a big list.)
http://vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=71549&page=10

Whilst I'm glad that there's something out relatively soon, I'm quite disappointed that it's part of RSD as it means that it'll be limited and I'll have to go to my local record shop at about 7:30am and it'll be full of ***** that buy up stuff just so they can flog it on at inflated prices.

Re: GKM RSD2012?

I know where you're coming from, but last year was nowhere near that bad! I went to Banquet in Kingston, and the queue to get in was about 120 people long around 10.30am. I went for lunch and a couple of light ales and returned to a queue of about 8 people and the majority of special releases still widely available. I got the Grinderman 12" that I was sure would be gone (there were loads of copies left, as was the case with records by QOTSA and the Foo Fighters which I thought would be prime Ebay fodder). And a couple of weeks later I was in Monorail in Glasgow and they had loads of copies of the Green Day 7" (the only release I wanted but missed out on the day itself).

Also, don't forget that GKM's popularity is, er, how should I put this, um, selective. Pretty much everything they release is going to be a limited edition as quite frankly, the demand for anything more than a couple of thousand copies surely just isn't there. I'm not sure a record store day special edition will be anything harder to come by than a "standard" release.

Re: GKM RSD2012?

'Limited' to 1000 copies.

Sleeve here...

http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/media/11379/gokart_mozart.jpg