FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Rough Trade Q&A

Yeah I wondered about the 17th Century title in the book. I was going to ask about that in the Q&A bit but was too gutless.

I enjoyed the event, shame it didn't go on longer, particularly the Q&A, but was grateful for anything Felt related.

Key highlights for me: Lawrence's shiny shoes, Lawrence complaining that there were no mike stands, Lawrence's anecdote about Rosie McDowell's lizard and monkeys.

I was glad to hear Lawrence is cutting the "On the Hotdog Streets" album next week for a possible March/ April release.

It was funny how Lawrence kept acting surprised when it came to signing the books how he'd already signed them. I think he acted genuinely surprised on opening every single one!

Lee - have you heard any update of a DVD release or future screenings of "Lawrence of Belgravia" by any chance?

Dunno about a DVD release - but I did hear mention of several more screenings in the country around April time.

Any idea where these might be Lee? The 15 minute clip was brilliant, so definitely want to see the whole film and like Lawrence said it needs to be seen in a cinema!

On a different, not entirely relevant matter, I know that you have played with TV Personalities (my 2nd fave band), is there any recent news on Dan Treacy's condition? I just hope he's doing well as I heard it was serious, Lawrence and Dan are my heroes and it was so great to see Lawrence looking so well last night so got me thinking about Dan. Cheers

I spoke briefly with Paul Kelly after the Q&A and asked him about a possible dvd release.
He said the film is going to tour round the UK in April, and then they're taking it to the States. A dvd is definitely on the cards and would be end of 2012/early 2013.

Re Dan - best if you go on facebook and look up the page danjtreacy - his sister prevides regular updates there - so all official news comes through her

Just noticed some other things in the discography.
"The Strange Idols Pattern....." includes "Crucifix Heaven" - but of course in later CD reissues the track hasn't appeared.
The "Bubblegum Perfume" CD has had its tracklisting changed in the latest reissue - but the discography only features the original one.
Two records that do not appear anywhere on the discography are the Felt 10" released by Virgin France, and perhaps most surprisingly "Absolute Classic Masterpieces Volume II". Volume One is a single Cd based on the Cherry Red years - whereas the missing Volume II is a double CD of Creation recordings.

With the retitling of ".....Snakes....." I wonder if this means the album will be reissued under its new title? Otherwise it'll be tough to put an order in for it. Maybe we'll finally see the revamped "Pictorial Jackson Review"?

Another omission I forgot about - "Stains On A Decade"

Hi all,
never posted here before but am a frequent visitor and long term felt fan...I went along friday night and agree with you all, it was a shame it couldnt have gone on slightly longer. When it came to signing the books I produced my mint vinyl copies of poem of the river, forever breathes and splendour of fear for Martin and Lawrence to sign. Both were in great form, martin saying to me, "look andy its Gary Ainge!" who was skulking behind the other two. All three duly signed all my stuff, altho Lawrence refused to sign the slendour of fear because he said the condition was so good signing it was ruin it!(he signed the inner sleeve) Really pleased to meet a couple of all time heros.

Hey, loving the feedback on the published Felt book, good to see it's value for money. In tradition of the pricing strategy behind any book published concerning said band, I hope next one costs upwards of at least £90. Give us something of true value for the correct price.

I've just uploaded a two minute segment of the q and a onto youtube that i took on my phone for anyone who couldn't make it, type in felt book launch

Hi Andy, tried to search for it but no results were found. Could you give us the URL of the video? Thanks!!!

Hi, sorry try it again Lawrence Felt Rough Trade Q&A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcKwQkY_AZ4

Direct url. There you go.

Thanks Andy & Black Ship! And many thanks to Andy for sharing this, I love that anecdote about Maurice!