FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Felt Card Sleeve Re-Issues Question

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me if the current Felt cd's in card sleeves are a significant improvement in sound quality over older cd's?

For example I have the Rough Trade/Creation two-fer of 'Forever Breathes.../Poem of The River' from 1988. It sounds a bit murky and was hoping if someone who has this and the new ones, could they tell me if the current cd is worth getting?

Also have the 1989 el cd of 'Me and a Monkey...' Is the current one any better sound quality. My other cd's are the ones from the 90's and still sound good to me, so I'm happy with these.

Saw Felt at the Camden Workers Social Club in '89. Always loved them but now I'm getting obsessed.

Re: Felt Card Sleeve Re-Issues Question

Hi.
That's a good question. Probably, almost 100% sure that the card sleeve's are not remastered versions, but don't know if they take the master or copied from the first cds.
Anyway, i recomend all the card sleeve's and I don't recall hearing differences between those and the old ones.
Cheers,
Rui

Thanks for the reply. I've gone ahead and bought all these anyway. Just need to find Novelty Rock to complete my collection of albums. Anyone know where I can find Denim Take Over? My copy is a very glitchy mp3 and I'm hoping to find an upgrade.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Hi JGR,

I seem to remember that the card sleeve version of Forever Breathes... is better sounding than the original CD though! The re-issues sound great!

I'm also looking for proper version of Denim Take Over

Thanks for your message. Glad to know they sound great, as I got them all.

Hi JGR,

Congrats! I've got them all except Poem of the River and Splendour of Fear now.
My card sleeve Pictorial Jackson Review is the mis-pressed version where half the track list is in fact Train Above the City! Thinking of buying myself a correct version... Or maybe I should just contact Cherry Red about this?

serpent shade
Hi JGR,

Congrats! I've got them all except Poem of the River and Splendour of Fear now.
My card sleeve Pictorial Jackson Review is the mis-pressed version where half the track list is in fact Train Above the City! Thinking of buying myself a correct version... Or maybe I should just contact Cherry Red about this?

Hope my Pictorial Jackson Review has the right tracks. You should contact Cherry Red about yours, they should provide a fixed one. Happy Xmas.

I've got 8 of them now! apart from Crumbling The Antiseptic Beauty and Me and A Monkey which I already have in jewel case.

:-)

I had one of those strange Pictorial CDs. I swapped it with Lawrence for a normal one.

The first couple of issues of "The Splendour Of Fear" had track splitting problems - ie "Red Indians" and ".....Soft As Lace" were on the same track and The Optimist....." was split in half. I was reviewing the reissues in 2003 and had a couple of test pressings - and the test pressing of "Splendour" had the same fault - ie - the test pressings were merely burns of previous issues. I called Cherry Red about this and they sorted the problem for the card reissue. Lawrence was grateful!