FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lawrence interview in Glasgow Herald

true, but you have to manage that back-story as well."

Given how much his cult status cache looks set to rise on the back of the film, if he really wants to be famous, couldn't Lawrence simply reform Felt?

"I want to look forward, not back," is his answer. "Fans don't know what they want, but they'll want what I give them. All these groups re-forming attracts a negative kind of attention. Just because the fans want to hear old songs doesn't mean they're going to buy the new record. But if you're not producing new stuff, that represents a sickness in the music industry, I wouldn't be able to walk onstage and sing Primitive Painters. I want to sing something new."

Even with Go-Kart Mozart's On The Hot Dog Streets album and the accompanying Mozart Mini-Mart EP due for a 2012 release, Lawrence is conscious that a change might be coming.

"It's been quite hard doing Go-Kart Mozart, because people want Felt, but if it doesn't take off then I'll do a new album of singer/songwriter material. There's a book of poems I want to put out as well. I wrote them when I had to sell my guitar when I was homeless, but I kept on writing. It'll take about 10 years for people to like Go-Kart Mozart. Maybe longer. It takes a lot longer for people to understand things these days."

The Monorail Film Club screens Lawrence of Belgravia at Glasgow Film Theatre, Sunday December 4th, 6.30pm, followed by a Q and A with Lawrence and Paul Kelly and hosted by Stuart Murdoch.

Re: Lawrence interview in Glasgow Herald

Longer version: http://coffeetablenotes.blogspot.com/2011/12/lawrence-of-belgravia-star-is-born.html