FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The absolute Felt - a challenge for Nigel Silver

Hi Matt

No - it was still saying it would take an obscenely long time (3 days!!!) - and this was after I wasted money on a hotline account

Hi Lee

That sounds odd - I managed it off a free account, but don't have a fancy internet set up. Maybe give it one more go, if it doesn't work still, let me know your email address (I'm fairly sure I've seen it as part of your previous messages, but can't find it in this thread) and I'll drop you a line, I'm sure I can put the shows onto a couple of CD-Rs for you & stick them in the post.

Further to Nigel's query as to what instruments you play, am I correct in thinking that you have played shows in some capacity with Lawrence in the past?

Cheers, Matt

I wished! No - I conducted the interview with Lawrence for Perfect Sound Forever in 2003 that there is a link to on Rui's site - I've known Lawrence since '87 - although he is notoriously hard to get hold of. I play in Alternative TV and Jowe Head & the Demi-Monde - and sometimes help out with TV Personalities and Rude Mechanicals - though I haven't been called upon with either for a while. T'other link with Felt is a label one - I was the singer/instrumentalist with Counterfeit in 1989 - we had a 12" single released on Creation called "The Good Samaritan".

can't see on here where private PM's are managed and don't want my address all over the shop - I'll email Rui

I think bearing in mind the circumstances the gig took place in, it all sounds really good!! And the quality of the recording nowhere near as bad as I'd feared. It might lack some of the musicicanship that Maurice would have brought along, but is an important document of early Felt, capturing the spirit of those formative if nothing else.

Even though as Rui rightly says on his website "The World Is As Soft As Lace" is not included, I feel that there are a couple of tracks where Lawrence revisited their musical sections to finish composing "World....."

Thank you very much for your kind comments Mr. Kalda. I am very pleased that you have found this unknown piece of Felt history interesting. I also impart my gratitude to you for the appropriate link apropos of Felt bootlegs. I have seen the relevant page now.

By all means post my textual contribution wherever you wish.

Perhaps while I am on the site I can give to you another little slice of Felt history.

Please proceed to the next new post for a Haybaler fact.