Return to Website

Veterinary Question and Answer

Ask me a question. Discuss a topic. Let's talk about pets and people!

Veterinary Question and Answer
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ou old mini schnauzer

Hi! I'm searching for a reason! Our 12 year old miniature schnauzer has been acting strangely. Instead of sitting on the couch or begging at the table, he has been hiding in the bathroom and acts as if he is afraid of something. This happens in the late afternoon and continues throughout the evening. We have tried to think of anything unusual that may have happened, but have come up with nothing. We have tried enticing him out to the general living area with treats, no luck! Could some kind of medical problem be causing this strange behavior. Other than this he is eating fine and still enjoys going outside. Thanks! Janice

Re: ou old mini schnauzer

Hi,

I would definitely get him checked out by a veterinarian. I am not sure what would be causing his strange behaviour but there could be a medical reason behind it. The veterinarian may want to do some tests to narrow down the possibilities. At 12 years of age, your pet is a senior citizen and should be checked out by a vet at least once (if not twice) a year--even if he is acting healthy.

drphilvegasvet

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi! I'm searching for a reason! Our 12 year old miniature schnauzer has been acting strangely. Instead of sitting on the couch or begging at the table, he has been hiding in the bathroom and acts as if he is afraid of something. This happens in the late afternoon and continues throughout the evening. We have tried to think of anything unusual that may have happened, but have come up with nothing. We have tried enticing him out to the general living area with treats, no luck! Could some kind of medical problem be causing this strange behavior. Other than this he is eating fine and still enjoys going outside. Thanks! Janice