Return to Website

Veterinary Question and Answer

Ask me a question. Discuss a topic. Let's talk about pets and people!

Veterinary Question and Answer
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hungry cat thin vomit

Might you suggest homeopathic remedy for cat 13 years old, hungry, vomits foam and food, weighed good most of life but now beginning to be bony, eats canned cheaper types food, may still eat his kibble. Also, might u say what symptoms might occur when owners fail to change litter often enough? (I don't live with this sweet terrific cat ) Thank you! darkenstan6@aol.com

Re: hungry cat thin vomit

Hi,

I would never suggest homeopathic remedies before a diagnosis is made by a competent professional.

With these symptoms, I STRONGLY recommend that the owner take this cat to a veterinarian. It is very important to get a diagnosis first before you speculate on any treatment. Bloodwork and xrays may be required. This kitty is obviously quite sick and the sooner he goes, the better he will do.

I don't believe that his condition is from the lack of litter changing. At thirteen years of age, he is a senior citizen and metabolic diseases are quite common.

Good luck. If he is as sweet and terrific as you say he is, he deserves the very best of care!

drphilvegasvet