Return to Website

Veterinary Question and Answer

Ask me a question. Discuss a topic. Let's talk about pets and people!

Veterinary Question and Answer
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
buying a puppy (family pet)

Hello, I was wondering if you know anything about Rainbow Park in Pickering Ontario. We are from Barrie Ontario, and considering buying a cockapoo puppy from them.(puppies ready May 26th) They have a web site www.rainbowpark.ca/aboutus.htm
They seem reputable and I have spoken a couple of times to them. Any thing you know, or if you know about an other reliable and safe breeder in our area, I would really appreciate your advice.
Sincerely, Tammy Severs

Re: buying a puppy (family pet)

Greetings from Las Vegas!

I spent one summer one summer (my externship) near Barrie and I cannot remember the name of the town. Arrgh! I have been on vacation for two weeks and maybe I left my brain behind. Hmmm. Anyway, I'm not familiar with this particular breeder so you'll have to find out about them in other ways. You could certainly ask for their vet's phone number and find out about their reputation there. You also want to ask a lot of questions about the dogs (vaccines, deworming, possible problems to watch out for) and get an idea about how well they were raised. A lot of it is common sense--if something doesn't feel "right", then ask about it or look elsewhere.

If the puppies were available on May 26th, maybe you already have one. Good luck with it if you do!

drphilvegasvet