My Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
60's class reunion

Last weekend we had a class reunion that included all the class members from 1960 to 1969. Friday evening we all met at the Elk's Club at five o'clock for happy hour, followed by a light dinner of chorizos at 6:00. I must have been fashionably late, as the place was packed with happy people when I got there. I always search out Gloria first, when I go to every reunion. She has a million-dollar smile and she brings good luck to a gathering like this. I also found her cousins, Rita and Julie, and I knew we were off to a good start. The guests were like a current: you could be talking to someone that interested you and you would see someone else that you wanted to visit with, like Peggy or Nancy, but before you had a chance, everyone would move on and you miss some of the guests and yet met others. I saw Bo and his redhead, Chris. She lights up the room, and Bo still looks the same. This current brought me a good-looking woman with bright red lip-stick named Kay. I started telling her lies, trying to make her laugh. Well, she was anybody's match. She started telling stories and I laughed out loud. I could tell the current was about to take her away, so I asked her: Please tell me one more story. She did, I laughed, and she moved on. Saturday was just as fun. Andy reserved Karl Miller Park and our class put on a car show. Howard Duffy brought a T-bucket all the way from California. Warren brought a couple of race cars and fired one of them up. The power made it feel like the earth was shaking. LG and I washed our old pickups and brought them. Jim drove his fine 37 coupe from Grandview. Larry stole the show with his little silver convertible pickup. The trees were just starting to turn and the weather was mild. We all stood around talking and catching up. I had a great time. In the evening the celebration picked back up at the Elks club. This was a good time had by all. We need to thank Andy and Chuck and all the good people on the reunion steering committee for this celebration worth remembering. Life is good.