All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D.I.Y Livery yard near hereford??

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me?
I am looking for a D.I.Y livery yard, which MUST be as close to Hereford as possible, as I like to do everything myself and see them twice a day.
I have 1 x welsh cob gelding and 1 x shetland gelding - Both very friendly, well mannered and used to electric fencing.
I am ideally looking for all year turnout, stables and a menage, but must be reasonably priced.
Any suggestions/recommendations please?
Thanks

Re: D.I.Y Livery yard near hereford??

Hi Laura
Have you tried the yard at Lyde? It is just 2 miles from Hereford. There is also a yard 1 mile from Hereford - both are listed in the lineage section (below banner and wanted ads) on the Livery in Herefordshire page.
http://www.herefordequestrian.co.uk/livery_hfds.html
(scroll right down page!)

Hi yes I have seen the Lyde one, but which is the one 1 mile from Hereford please?
Thanks

This one, although I dont know whether DIY is possible:

Great livery opportunity.
Full/schooling livery available on small private yard 1 mile south of Hereford. Transport to competitions available. Complimentary coaching, help with problem horses.Very reasonable rates. Contact Ton on 07775947076

Another thought.....
I used to live at Warham Court Farm, Breinton. Right on the edge of Hereford. There is a 20x60 gorgeous arena, and lots of presumably empty stables. I have no idea whether they would consider DIY livery, but best drop by there and ask. The paddocks I used for turn out were year round - fantastic drainage. Worth a try! Drive out of Hereford on Barton Road, towards Crematorium. Turn left down Broomy Hill. On into country. 1st farm on right.

oo i think i rang about that one and they didnt do d.i.y but i can always double check. ive contacted so many! the realy nice ones are too far away :(
thanks

i think i came to you once, years ago, about bringing my coloured horse for lessons, so i have a vague idea where it is. you dont have a number for the place?

I don't know the office number and the new owner doesnt live there, so no sorry I can't help you on that one.

ok thanks

There is Winnal Common Farm just off the Abergavenny Rd.

Hi what facilities do they have and do you have a number?
Thanks

24/7 turnout, stables and menage. tel number is 01432 277283

thankyou