All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddler?

Hi, after a long time of trying to find my horse the right saddle, I have now decided I am going to have to try a saddler. I have tried to avoid them, because I have had bad experiences with them and I always seem to get ripped off!
Can anyone recommend an honest saddler? I am looking for a GFS/IDEAL type saddle for my welsh cob, so someone who deals with these types of saddles would be good.
Thanks

Re: Saddler?

HI
I have an Ideal 17 inch GP saddle (the highland cob fitting) in wide for sale. I find them the best for the cobs as they don't roll around like some of them do. I also know someone who is very good at fitting them. Let me know if you want any more details

Hi thanks for your reply. Is it suitable for jumping in and how much were you looking for it?

Hi, I recently bought a GFS close contact Haflinger saddle for my chunky cob - it's brilliant! Really comfy and fits him really well. It's got a changeable gullet too, so as he looses weight(!), I can get it narrowed down. Plus, you don't get that "perched on top" feeling you get with a lot of cob saddles. As for a saddler, I would definitely recommend Robert Jenkins from Little Malvern Saddlery, tel 01684 572485.

Hi - yes it is suitable for jumping. It is almost brand new and I paid £900 for it so I was looking for £625 as it has only been used a couple of times.

oh right this is abit out of my budget. sorry. thanks anyway

Hi Laura. I also have an ideal H&C saddle, 17in in black, wide/extra wide fitting which I would consider selling. I'd be looking for around £350 if you are interested.

ok, are you in/near hereford? and is it in good condition? thnks

Hi Laura. Yes it is good condition. It was checked and reflocked last year but hasnt been used since then as it doesnt fit my mare any more. I'm about 8 miles outside Hereford (mid-way between Ross and Hereford).

Is there any chance i could come and view it please? Do you have measurments (in inches) from d-ring to d-ring? I live ross side of Hereford so you are quite close. Please contact me ont this number; 07825045037
I have a day off tomorrow, if you are available
Thanks

If you want to sell your saddle, please do send me an email with the details and I will put it on the saddles for sale page (presuming it isnt already on there). Your ad will be free!

I don't know where you are based but my great friend Sarah, who lives near Leominster, is selling a number of quality saddles which won't fit her current horses. Sarah's number is 07971 870 686. Otherwise, try Graham Butt of Llwynon Saddlery on 01874 638 091.