Welcome to the message forum, the place to chat and compare notes on anything equestrian. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USING THIS FORUM: 

The Hereford Equestrian forum is for discussing equestrian and rural related topics of interest. It must not be used for advertising, nor must it be used to post defamatory or inappropriate messages.  Any comments which are considered defamatory, inappropriate, racist, rude or insulting will be removed. It should also be understood that users posting defamatory comments are exposing themselves to the risk of legal action.

Hereford Equestrian reserves the right to prevent any users from continuing to post messages on the forum.  It should also be noted that the opinions and views of users of the forum are not those of Hereford Equestrian.

This website must not be used for advertising.  Adverts will be deleted. 

By using the Hereford Equestrian Forum, you are accepting these terms and conditions. The full terms and conditions can be applied for by writing to Hereford Equestrian.

Forum: The Online Equestrian Message Forum for Herefordshire,Worcs, Glos, Shrops & Wales
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Paddock cleaning service

I am thinking of starting a paddock cleaning service for people with yards and would like your feedback. I will be using the most up to date equipment, a machine that not only collects muck but sweeps the paddock. This action is good for the paddocks as well as for worm control. There will be a minimal charge ( I do mean minimal, as I am using the muck). Defra claim they are going to fine people £500 if they have 5 tonnes of muck or more, unless is is being contained on a concrete platform with facilities to collect the run off. Having it collected would alleviate this prob, improve pasture and help with worm control. Is anyone interested ? Opinions please.

Email  
Re: Paddock cleaning service

What areas would you be covering? What are the approximate charges? You say you "would be using the muck" - would you be interested in collecting general muck heaps too?

Hi, at first we would be looking to concentrate on the North Herefordshire area but hoping to branch out further if all goes well. As for general muck heaps, it is possible too. At this stage I am just trying to cage what interest there might be. I will be definitely trying to keep the cost as attractive as possible for the horse owner/owners and intend to just cover the running cost of the machine (mainly fuel cost). Thanks. What area are you in ?

Email  

I think you would get loads of interest.We live in North Herefordshire and would be interested.

Many thanks for the reply - great. I will keep you posted and hope at some stage to get a list of who is interested and perhaps come and see you.

Email  

Thank you

I live very close to the centre of hereford and would be very interested - please let us have details of when you start and cost etc

Thank you for your interest, I will keep you informed.
I hope to put an advert on the site when we are up and running. regards Karen

Keep an eye on the Stable/Yard/Field equipment & services page, which is where the advert will be placed if and when Karen offers this service:
http://www.herefordequestrian.co.uk/classifieds/stable_yard.html

Email