Welcome to the message forum, the place to chat and compare notes on anything equestrian. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USING THIS FORUM: 

The Hereford Equestrian forum is for discussing equestrian and rural related topics of interest. It must not be used for advertising, nor must it be used to post defamatory or inappropriate messages.  Any comments which are considered defamatory, inappropriate, racist, rude or insulting will be removed. It should also be understood that users posting defamatory comments are exposing themselves to the risk of legal action.

Hereford Equestrian reserves the right to prevent any users from continuing to post messages on the forum.  It should also be noted that the opinions and views of users of the forum are not those of Hereford Equestrian.

This website must not be used for advertising.  Adverts will be deleted. 

By using the Hereford Equestrian Forum, you are accepting these terms and conditions. The full terms and conditions can be applied for by writing to Hereford Equestrian.

Forum: The Online Equestrian Message Forum for Herefordshire,Worcs, Glos, Shrops & Wales
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
DOG TRAINING

My partner has a rottweiler who is in desperaite need of training. She is now two years old and he has had her for one year. She didn't have the best of starts to life so has been given a lot of love and attention however she isn't returning it. She consistantly jumps up at people when the come to the house barking and running round people's legs. We can't let her off the lead because she runs off towards the nearest dog/person/cat and will not come back to call. She is by no means a nasty but unwilling to be told what to do. Can anyone recommend a professional dog trainer where we can take her for lessons in the hereford area.

Re: DOG TRAINING

Yes, there is exactly the right man in Herefordshire for you. He has rotties himself and is a professional dog trainer. His name is Stuart Brace. Address: Alwoodley, Dinmore Hill, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 0PZ. Telephone: 01568 797016.
He's your man! I think he probably trades under West Mercian dog training or something like that if you want to Google him

Email  

My sister took her sheepdog to Stuart Brace and didn't think that much of him.
Both my sister and myself are members of the GVDTC (Golden Valley dog training club) and they have worked wonders with both of our dogs. My dog (Golden Lab) in particular has made a massive improvement since going to their training sessions. I haven't got their number to hand at the mo but if you would like it let me know and I will dig it out. They are beased at Kingstone in the Madley area.
I would def recommend these and their one trainer, Angela, is really good. There are 4 rotties that attend her classes.

A wooden club house, which is home to the Golden Valley Dog Training Club in Kingstone, was completely destroyed in the fire at around 6.30pm yesterday.

Might have to give that one a couple of weeks to get another venue up and running.

OMG, really!!
I didn't know that and haven't been for a while. I hope they find somewhere else.

You could try Lee Amos of Hereford Dog Training Club
on 07786 544331.

He does dog training and agility - they train at Swainshill or else I expect he would come out to you. Usually problems with dogs are due to lack of exercise which is difficult when you've got a dog that you can't let off the lead - so agility might be a good option for her anyway. They are a bit like ADHD children - you have to wear them out before they'll stay still and quiet enough to listen!

Lee's pretty good IMHO.

Email  

Hi! I've used both Stuart Brace and Angie Shears (Golden Valley Dog Training) and would definately recommend Angie - she is brilliant. She used to do one-to-one training (don't know if she still does) and does have a class at Yarkhill if that's any help. Will try and see if I can find her mobile no for you.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. I would be grateful if i could have the contact numbers of the trainers mentioned above and i will contact them to try and arrange a lesson. Thanks again

Sorry to take so long tracking Angie's tel no down. Her landline is Hfd 850086, mobile 07710714649.

I too, would recommend Angela from Golden Valley Dog Training. She worked wonders with a friend's dog.