All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
eventing foal

I have a very nice well put together Trakehner mare.

She has had two foals, one unfortunately died and the other (pure bred Trak) is doing extremely well showing (young stock classes) and is now being broken destined for a dressage career with his owner.
This year i would like to put her infoal with the aim of breeding a top class eventing foal, for myself.

Any ideas of stallions or suitable crosses would be apreciated. I was thinking on the lines of Irish Draught.

Re: eventing foal

Christine and Colin Hardinge have a lovely stallion called Crown Amazonite. Fabulous temperament, really trainable, makes fab shape over a fence, plenty of bone etc... See info and photos on the Stallions at Stud page of the A-Z Directory. Or just call them and go and see him, tel. 07768 156012

http://www.herefordequestrian.co.uk/category/a-z/studs/

Re: eventing foal

Top class eventers are generally a large percentage thoroughbred, so unless your mare already has strong TB lines I would look at no other breed(apart from arab/anglo, perhaps, again depends on your amres lines).
I stand Aeroplane who is graded with the SHB, and his first foals will be available to view in a couple of weeks (hopefully). Full details can be found at www.ukbloodstock.com .