All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rider wanted

Have a very nice young Trakehner Dressage mare just started intro. having problem finding someone to ride, school and compete her. Any advice kindly accepted please. Does the word young put people off? I would of jumped at this offer when i was younger.

Re: rider wanted

how young is young?

hello Laura

She is 7yrs and has been used as a brood mare. Was broken last year so has had some experience of life but not alot so i would say she is green but very kind. You would need to know what you were doing but would be a great opotunity for some one to have lots of fun and reward. hope this helps.

Hi Pauline.
Put an advert on this page: http://www.herefordequestrian.co.uk/classified-ads/horses-for-loan/

The page is for 'riders required' as well as horses for loan or share.

without sounding too cheeky...is this paid or non paid? and where are you please? also is she need of being brought back into work?
thanks

depends on your experience and what you would like to do.
she came back from competion livery on sunday and was ridden regulary.
Thanks sally i will do one, but some people advertizing have had no response and i have even phoned and left messages on a couple of instructors/free lances but no reply! and could do with some one to start as soon as possible.

please email me, i might be interested

Try the advert, you may be surprised by the response, although of course, you will need to ensure that anyone who replies to your ad has the necessary experience to ride and bring on a young horse. Yes, of course I am going to defend my own website, but there is no doubt that if you advertise what people want, you will get a response. We all know it's very tough out there at the moment and everyone is nervous financially. The option to ride for someone else is clearly a fantastic opportunity and was certainly something I jumped at when a little younger!

For any advertisers interest, since the new website went live (Feb '11) I have used Google analytics for my website stats. These show that for the 4 weeks between 2 - 31 August, (the new classified ads section went live on 2 August) the classified ads landing page had 17,953 page views, the main homepage had 10,444 pageviews and the what's on page 9,295. The horses for sale page had 4383 pageviews and the horses for loan page 2364, all in that same 30 day period.

I really hope you find someone who realises what a great opportunity it is to ride for someone else. Keep us posted!

thanks Sally I have put an ad in with picture so hopefully lots of response. she realy is a very beautiful horse and far to talented to be a pet in the field for the rest of her life (though im sure she wouldnt mind :). I have a school but no real out riding. She was at a competition yard 2 hrs away until Sunday and due to her companions lack of weight! and no competing they both came back.
ps
i love the website, always use it and browse every day

Just gone live on the site. She looks lovely! As you have placed a photo ad, I have shared the ad on both facebook and twitter.

Good luck. Look forward to hearing how she progresses.

Lovely rider found, lots of replies from ad and also found someone for my other id mare, through same ad well done Hereford Equestrian :)