All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting out and about and learning something new!

Hi

I'm now looking to get my first trailer and would like to go to shows and fun rides and generally go out and about with my 16'2 ID gelding.

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that would like to keep in touch via Facebook maybe and arrange to go different places. I really would like to start showing but have no experience of this and I'm sure there are others out there that would like to too but it's a bit unnerving doing it by yourself, so just thought it would be nice to make new friends and get the most out of our horses!

If you would be interested in keeping in touch and maybe going places (when I've got my trailer) and maybe looking at shows next season and fun rides then let me know. Contact me via FB or here on classychick31@hotmail.co.uk

I look forward to meeting some new horsey friends!

Oh I'm based nr Droitwich in Worcestershire.

Thanks
Jennie

Re: Getting out and about and learning something new!

Hi Jennie,

I'd be up for going to fun rides and shows....am based in Clifton upon Teme, so Droitwich isn't all that far away, should be things we can both get to. I've sent you an email.

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Nice to hear from you, I haven't received a email from you? Yes would be good to meet up sometime, I have recently joined WBRA so maybe some fun rides we could meet at.

Find me on facebook Jennie Maslin.

Hi Jennie

There is a showing demonstration by Robert Oliver at Kings Equestrian, Bromyard on Thurs 1st March. It is in aid of the ID horse society, so it should be very usefuly for you if you are looking to get tips and ideas about showing your horse.

Good Luck.

Thanks Jo, yeah I had seen that, but unfortunately I'm on holiday on that date! Shame there isn't a recording of the evening or something!!!

Hi Jennie,

A good show to try is the Worcestershire Hunt pony club fun show, see pony club website under branches for details they have pay and (play) show jumping starting with a very small course and also cross country there are two this year planned but keep an eye on site for changes due to weather etc. very friendly and you can do as much or as little as you like. Good for a taster!

Hi Sharon

Thanks for your message, yes I've been to this show a couple of times as it is in hacking distance to where my horse is based. We did our 1st dressage test last year and thoroughly enjoyed it!