All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dropped pelvis

I have noticed today that my TB's left side of his pelvis is dropping significantly when walking away,he is also plaiting behind slightly,he has never been great on his back end but he is now 27 and is getting wobblier behind.I have had a chiropractor out a couple of years ago to check him and apart from slight tightness in his neck his back was good,I am not sure whether to call it a day and retire him or to call a vet or a chiropractor to look at him,hes definetely not in pain and is fit and well otherwise.He enjoys going out once/twice a week and still loves a gallop and a shy at monster leaves etc!

Re: Dropped pelvis

Hi Jodi,
if he is fit and well otherwise, I woud call a chiropractor to have a look at him. Altough he might not appear to be in pain, he can't be very comfortable, if his pelvis is out.
I can recommend a very good one. Her name is Sarah Howells and she is in Usk. Does humans and horses and was one of the support team for the Barclona Olympic's.
Hope this helps.

Re: Dropped pelvis

Thankyou I am going to call a chiropractor out,I had Andrea Pole last time and she was very good,will phone her and make an appointment,vet is coming to do vaccs anyway so will also get him to have a look/do referal.thankyou