All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Classes for 2011?

Just had a look at the schedule but couldnt see racehorse to riding horse class?i this class still being run as I know a few people would be interested.

Jodi - last years schedule included "Best Retrained Thoroughbred or Standardbred Racehorse"

It was not popular despite having separate rosettes for Standarbreds & assurances that it would be well supported

So unfortunately it was dropped - although on the new schedule Class 22: RC/PC type horse exc/ 14.2hh gives a special award to best retrained Racehorse

April schedule is a "tester" & changes may appear from June onwards - if required/requested

Hi,

I've not looked at the schedule so maybe talking out of line - appologies if that is the case.

Could you do some young stock classes, eg Potential Sport Horse - they had one at Hay last year and it was well attended.

Or young horse to make a certain height when fully grown.

I have a spotty youngster - so a Coloured Class to include Spots, or just a Spotty class in hand.

Thank you.

Debbie Rogers
Jodi - last years schedule included "Best Retrained Thoroughbred or Standardbred Racehorse"

It was not popular despite having separate rosettes for Standarbreds & assurances that it would be well supported

So unfortunately it was dropped - although on the new schedule Class 22: RC/PC type horse exc/ 14.2hh gives a special award to best retrained Racehorse

April schedule is a "tester" & changes may appear from June onwards - if required/requested

It's a shame this class wasn't better supported last year and has now been dropped but I do understand why. tis still a shame tho!!

Due to sudden close family bereavement please accept apologies for nil response to final 2 posts

Show on 10 April will be the deciding factor on what follows

Hi having looked through schedualte i think the new classes are great although i am really disapointed that the in hand is restricted to 18yrs +
i know quite a few people and children/teens who would of liked to do in-hand but cannot due to age restriction , is there any way you can change age? Thanks

Hannah - thanks for your input (& requests from others) relating to age restrictions (Ring 4: In hand Showing Ring)

This has now been amended to read:

Class 12) Youngstock - Handler 18 years & over
Classes 13-17) - Handler 12 years & over

Safety is always a very important factor when schedules are discussed but hopefully this change will be a suitable compromise?

Club website will be amended tonight - others have been notified

Hello all

Does anyone know of someone that may be passing through Bartestree on their way to this show who may have a space in their lorry/trailer?
Keen to come along and support the show but unable to find transport.

Many thanks.