All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddle fitting case histories

I am putting together a project using anecdotal case histories to be used in teaching clinics and for Riding Club presentations and would welcome input from local riders/owners - whether good or bad experiences.

Who do you call on if you've got a difficult fit horse/pony or just want to reassure yourself if a saddle fit really is the cause of behavioural or performance issues?

I am surprised so many people I come across have been put off having regular checks or new fittings by dissatisfactory service; have not even had process of fitting explained, or been sold totally unsuitable equipment.

I must profess professional interest as saddle fitter for Barnsby Direct. But I am also a horse owner and want to research the growth in awareness (or lack of it!) of saddlery issues across all levels of equestrian activity.

It would be good to hear from you and of course any details would be kept anonymous if you so wish.

Re: Saddle fitting case histories

Hi
I have tried to get someone to come and check my saddle but to be honest if you are not in the market for buying another saddle from the fitter they are not interested in providing a purely fitting service. This has been my experience.

Re: Saddle fitting case histories

Hi Jane
Yes, I think this can be a common problem especially if there is a distance to travel. If you do want a check, I may be able to help with most types of saddles. There is a call out charge and a cost if Barnsby undertake any reflock, repair or alteration. But at least you will get an honest opinion and a follow up service.

I notice your email address is at a college. If you are an equine student or lecturer perhaps you could organise a group check.

And Barnsby do offer a saddle fitting demonstration for groups and riding clubs. Hence my original post for case histories to include in the presentation.