All topics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Classes for 2011?

Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas - both here & by personal e-mail

Based on facts & figures from past Shows & feedback received a very rough "draft" schedule for April & May Shows was produced

This was handed round at Club AGM, discussed & agreed if it worked for the first Show (Sunday 10 April at Houghton Court) the format would be used throughout the season

If not it would be changed in time for June, July & August Schedules to be printed

Although it's impossible to please everyone please be assured we do try very hard

Here's to a happy & successful season & some nice warm weather!

Really impressed with the new schedule. Look forward to seeing you all again this season!

Thanks Jo - look forward to seeing you & thanks for feedback on schedule

Just had a look at the schedule but couldnt see racehorse to riding horse class?i this class still being run as I know a few people would be interested.

Jodi - last years schedule included "Best Retrained Thoroughbred or Standardbred Racehorse"

It was not popular despite having separate rosettes for Standarbreds & assurances that it would be well supported

So unfortunately it was dropped - although on the new schedule Class 22: RC/PC type horse exc/ 14.2hh gives a special award to best retrained Racehorse

April schedule is a "tester" & changes may appear from June onwards - if required/requested

Hi,

I've not looked at the schedule so maybe talking out of line - appologies if that is the case.

Could you do some young stock classes, eg Potential Sport Horse - they had one at Hay last year and it was well attended.

Or young horse to make a certain height when fully grown.

I have a spotty youngster - so a Coloured Class to include Spots, or just a Spotty class in hand.

Thank you.

Debbie Rogers
Jodi - last years schedule included "Best Retrained Thoroughbred or Standardbred Racehorse"

It was not popular despite having separate rosettes for Standarbreds & assurances that it would be well supported

So unfortunately it was dropped - although on the new schedule Class 22: RC/PC type horse exc/ 14.2hh gives a special award to best retrained Racehorse

April schedule is a "tester" & changes may appear from June onwards - if required/requested

It's a shame this class wasn't better supported last year and has now been dropped but I do understand why. tis still a shame tho!!

Due to sudden close family bereavement please accept apologies for nil response to final 2 posts

Show on 10 April will be the deciding factor on what follows

Hi having looked through schedualte i think the new classes are great although i am really disapointed that the in hand is restricted to 18yrs +
i know quite a few people and children/teens who would of liked to do in-hand but cannot due to age restriction , is there any way you can change age? Thanks

Hannah - thanks for your input (& requests from others) relating to age restrictions (Ring 4: In hand Showing Ring)

This has now been amended to read:

Class 12) Youngstock - Handler 18 years & over
Classes 13-17) - Handler 12 years & over

Safety is always a very important factor when schedules are discussed but hopefully this change will be a suitable compromise?

Club website will be amended tonight - others have been notified

Hello all

Does anyone know of someone that may be passing through Bartestree on their way to this show who may have a space in their lorry/trailer?
Keen to come along and support the show but unable to find transport.

Many thanks.