Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ALL CSOs - READ THIS Regarding Legitimizing the CSOs

I agree 100% with you, I get what you are saying, makes sense. I will look into your reccomendations. I hate to sound negative but I don't see it happening in my career lifetime. I would just like to get recognized as a high-risk worker in my state of Florida. I am looking at retirement soon and that would make a difference for me, I am selfish. I understand Property Clerks are high risk, I take property to the Property Clerks, seems rather elementary doesn't it. I suppose it would take legislature, been there, T-shirt and all, too much work, again I am selfish. CFA is our statewide accreditating agency, my husband is an assessor for both CALEA and CFA. Thank you for being willing to educate CSO's about the accreditation process! Most CSO's, let alone cops and people, understand what LE Accreditation is, does, or why it is important. LOL

Re: Re: ALL CSOs - READ THIS Regarding Legitimizing the CSOs

Very interesting points. To my knowledge there are no training requirments or standardization for CSO's in Oregon. It appears the job description and any training is left to the Chief and how liable he wants to be. I suspect there isn't a large out pouring of support from other CSO's because many are using the position as a stepping stone to being a sworn officer and not in it for the long haul. Most of the officer's in my department are great, but I sometimes get the feeling I'm looked on as the ******* step child. Certification might bring us up a little in society.