Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: CSO VEHICLES

YEAH BUT IT SEEMS TO BE THE SAME VEHICLES

Re: Re: Re: CSO VEHICLES

I drive a Ford F150, same color scheme as deputy vehicle with the star and all but it says Civilian and Community Service Officer on it. People think I am a deputy or a volunteer. We have a volunteer program called Volunteer Service Officers, VSO. This makes for confusing responses when dispatch is calling for CSO3 or VSO4, sounds too similar. Things have improved though, in 1981 I had someone ask me if CSO's were a program that helped unwed mothers. Maybe I should take that back, couple months ago someone asked me to lend them money for gas cause wasn't that what CSO's did? Oh well, what can you say, we aren't sworn so we aren't born. LOL I still love the job, most of the deputies like us cause they don't want to take those dirty brown calls, that is why we are teased and called Chicken Dirty brown stuff Officers. No need to be offended, taking an offense only hurts us not anyone else. Good luck in your vehicle search. I would like to know if there are any resources for seeing what CSO's/PSA's get paid. The agency I am at now just started their program 2/07, I want research to back up my request for raises. Can anyone help out there?

Re: Re: Re: Re: CSO VEHICLES

Penny,

The main page of this site lists CSO wages for various depts.

Re: CSO VEHICLES

I'd be happy to e-mail you a few from my department if you contact me. Maybe even exchange a few vehicle photos? We utilize Ford Vans, Dodge Dakotas and now we have a new F250 SuperDuty w/ prisoner transport cage.