Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CSO UNION

I am a Public Safety Aide with the Lakeland Police Department in Lakeland, Florida. A PSA is exactly the same as a CSO just named differently. Our police officers also have a union which negotiates with our city commission on pay, hours, and other benifits. We however have no union at all and are always at the mercy of our commission. There are 13 PSA's in our department and many more in Florida. Let me know if there is anything that I can help with as far as trying to organize a labor union for our class of employee. My e-mail address is above. Thanks.

Re: CSO UNION

I agree!! I am going through a problem with my Supervisors and the Union for the City employees is doing a great job, however, they still don't really understand what we do in the field and it's diffucult to explain everything. We are City paid employees, but yet we are dispatched through the Sheriffs Dept. We log on as a dispatchable County unit, but when something happens the City Supervisors are who we answer to. Last year I was asked to do a latent Print Investigation by a Detective Sargent, and said yes, I got 3 days off with no pay because I was suppossed to ask the City Supervisor if it was OK to do the prints!! The Union didn't really understand what the process was and I didn't fight it any more. We all need help with these types of issues. I hope one day there will be help and we can get something like ALADS or POPPA for us little people!