Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any CSO openings in IL

It's been over a month since I've seen a new CSO position open in IL (specifically the Chicago Suburbs) and I was wondering if I was missing anything or if anyone knew about postions that are or will be availible.

Re: Any CSO openings in IL

Just curious as to where you look for job openings? In other words, which web sites do you visit? I hear that Lisle is hiring right now. Good luck. :)

I visit TheBlueLine.com, in addition to going town by town on ether the NIPAS.org or the ICAJA lisiting of Departments, I also check the International Association of Chiefs of Police website as they occasionally list a job or two in the area, as well as a periodic check of the newspaper classifieds. I also have a list of most of the Suburban towns that have CSO programs and I make sure that I check their town websites regularly. I also developed some leads from Job Fair listings and managed to at least find Departments that will keep an appplication and resume on file for a year.

Thanks for the info on Lisle I have an application downloaded for them already, off to print it out and see what they say.

Re: Re: Any CSO openings in IL

Glad I could be of some help. I too, have applied, so good luck to the both of us! Too late now, but Elmhurst was recently hiring (about 8 weeks ago). I interviewed, but obviously didn't get the position. Schaumburg was also hiring a part-time CSO. I haven't heard anything at all from them. It's only been a couple of weeks though. As you know, it can take many weeks before an interview is scheduled...and of course, sometimes not at all.
Ciao for now.

Well today I got turned down for Shaumburg, and got notice Lisle has my application and will review it, as welll as notice I passed a dispatch test in Skokie, so I get to continue in their process. Between Dispatch, CSO and Police Assitant I've applied to over 20 departments since memorial day, of which I've gotten responses from almost ten. As far as I can tell Norhtwestern is still listing their seeking CSO on Blueline, I'll have to see if they have a limit on how long my application is vaild as I might be able to update it with some more training. I'm also aware that Addison will keep an application/Resume on file for one year and contact you if a position becomes availible. Apperently Downers Grove is seeking Dispatchers and Police Officers, I haven't however submitted an application with them yet.

I'll also be testing with a State Police agency outside of Illinois this weekend just to keep my options open.

Good Luck to you, and if you find any other spots please post them.

Well Lisle is already filled , anyone know of any other CSO openings?

I keep trying to find things I can do to improve my odds, but this just getting discouraging as the more people I talk to less and less is availble for me to improve.

Re: Re: Any CSO openings in IL

I work as a cso for joliet junior college. The next time we have an opening I will let you know. We go through csos alot.

Has anyone see anything other than Skokie, Plainfield, Carol Stream and Fox Lake recently?