Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chicago metro area CSO pay

I am looking for any updated salary information for CSO's in the Chicago metropolitan area. My department seems to look soley at the job title when comparing salaries and not additional duties we perform when comparing us to other departments'CSO's. Other towns in close proximity are topping out about $10,000 more than mine. We are not union, but we are considering a move in that direction so that we have a bargaining unit. Our clothing allowance and overtime have been cut. Our concerns about pay comensurate with our responsibilities seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I understand that CSO's are usually on the bottom of the food chain and the outlook seems dismal when trying to get better pay, but I'd like to be armed with some dollar amounts when I head down the hall.

Re: Chicago metro area CSO pay

http://www.communityserviceofficer.com/wages.html

Here is the link to the wages section of this website.

I'm applying to any openings in the area, most of the available postions in the northern suburbs are based on a full time yearly slaary starting in the 40K per year range, somedepartments take that up to just under 60k which is around where their Police Officer pay generally begins. Part time postions tend to be in the 10- 15 dollars an hour range for starting pay.

Hope this helps.