Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Applying for CSO in Sacramento

Can anyone give me a general idea on how long it takes to hear weather your application has been accepted or not ? Thank you very much .

--celticfury

Re: Applying for CSO in Sacramento

St. Cahrles always seemed to take their time about the hiring process. It took about 5 months from the time they decided to hire someone to actually have a body in uniform.
If it has been a while you should call them to see where they are in the process. St. Charles was never very good at telling those that didn't make it.
Good luck with getting the position.

Re: Re: Applying for CSO in Sacramento

Thank you very much for the information. I am really keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Take it easy !

Re: Re: Re: Applying for CSO in Sacramento

Do not be in a hurry. I took the test almost a year ago, did not place high enough to be in the first wave. I interviewed with the dept in January. Did back-groud interview, polygraph test, sent a long list of documents to the firm doing the background check. Talked to the person doing my back-ground check, provided a bit more information. My friends, co-workers, boss, family have also now been interviewed either in person or on the phone. The next step would now be a phychological exam, then a medical exam. Then a pre-hire interview. Quite a process. Keep good thoughts!
Jack

Re: Re: Re: Re: Applying for CSO in Sacramento

Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, It can be a pretty long process from what I am slowly learning. Nothing worth having is ever easy though right ?? Thanks everyone !!!