Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tips for getting a CSO position!

Greetings!

My name is Derek and I am currently a senior in highschool. I live in the MN Twin Cities metro area. Next year I plan to start a two year journey to get my generals done and at the same time my A.S. in Law Enforcement, then transferring to finish up a 4-year degree in Sociology. I was a police explorer for two years, a city comissioner for two years, and a ski patroller for one year. I just wanted to know if you have any tips for me in obtaining a CSO position. Also, what are some questions they might ask of me?

Best regards,
Derek

Re: Tips for getting a CSO position!

Hi Derek,

Sorry to see you received no response to your request. Maybe you've received emails though. Anyway,I'm also seeking a CSO position. I have been for 1.5 yrs. I believe with your background (police exlorer, etc) you have a good shot. Your age may help also, as I think my being 40 something is hindering my being hired anywhere! Good luck to you.