Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Red lights or amber lights ? ? ?

ADDENDUM: that last sentence should read...none of us when doing our jobs wants/needs to be confused with just a city worker of streets worker or anything like that.

Re: Red lights or amber lights ? ? ?

I agree that CSOs should have Red/Blue lights. I am not a CSO (hoping to become one this summer in MN!) but I know that whenever I see a CSO vehicle with red/blue lights it shows me their authority. I have also seens CSOs going Code 3 to accidents and the only thing that makes me get out of the way for them are those red and blue lights. If they had amber lights I would be hesitant to move over. A park district in MN has vehicles with amber lights and when you see their vehicles you think of them as maintanence (though they don't carry anything on their belts except gloves and don't respond to accidents, only medicals within the park). So overall, red/blue lights should stay!

Re: Red lights or amber lights ? ? ?

I have to agree with everything that has been said here in relation to keeping red/blue's on CSO vehicles. Simply put, I know that at least the side of my squad says nothing but "Police" and I think that with that said we need the red/blue. I think the reason that some departments want amber is because ther are people out there who are CSO's that have this complex that they are cops....I know that 99.9% of us out there know our place..and are probably reminded of it inside our department. But I know those same people who remind us that we are simple CSO's still want us to get the same respect when we are out on the street....enough said I think my point is made.