Return to Website

Community Service Officer Forum

Here is where any civilian law enforcement personel can share work experiences, problems, ideas, and promote equality in the workplace. Please join the discussion.

Community Service Officer Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CSO Vehicles/PST Vehicles

I work at Northbrook and am driving a Crown Vic that was a commander's car before I got it. It only had about 17,000 miles on it and is in great shape. The only other CSO car is an old Tahoe which was one of the K-9 cars.

The bar use to be red and blue until a previous CSO was caught going hot and beating sworn officers to a crash. The next day the light bar was all yellow. That was about 5 years ago.

He's gone now and we have another CSO who is a retired cop. He said that we get no respect on the street and talked the department to adding at least the red back, so they're red & yellow. I couldn't believe the difference it made.

The cars are really in good shape and well equipped We have to get them washed every day.

I took a picture of the "death-trap"...I mean CSO van I drive. However, I don't think I can attach pic's on this site.

Ronna

Re: Re: CSO Vehicles/PST Vehicles

Hello, i'd be interested to see what you drive, yahoo groups has a ste that you can post your pics, log on to them its communityserviceofficers and become a member its free also. good luck and be safe

Here in Minnesota the department that i work for has only two CSO's. We drive a '03 White Dodge Dakota 4 door truck. Its equipped with a red/blue Code 3 LED X bar on the top. We have red to the front and red & Blue to the rear, along with an arrow stick. We also have corner strobes in all four corners. The graphics on it have the City of Chanhassen on the doors with Community Service Officer on the lower rocker panels and then 911 decals on both back corners. And like the CSO from IA i too have had my squad hit while working a crash, however it only caused $3500 of damage to the truck but i believe thats one of the reasons we have all of the lights we do bc we all need to be seen.