Welcome to the KWSC Forum

Return to Website

I will be turning this forum off in April - please use the link from the KWSC website to use the new embedded forum. Thank you.

Index > General > General Forum > Windsurfing Freestyle Competition
Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Windsurfing Freestyle Competition

We are hoping to arrange a small freestyle competition on the Saturday Regatta, it will be in the late afternoon, probably 3pm to 4pm ish.

It will be simillar to that seen on the recent windsurfing course, though the exact format is yet to be finalised.

All those interested in taking part please let me know by email or text to 07772043420. All those interested in watching please come along and support the event, which is the first windsurfing event in many years at Kielder.

Email  
Re: Windsurfing Freestyle Competition

How good do you have to be to take part? and what is freestyle? Like a race where you can use any style, or is there more to it than that?

Judy

You don't need to be very good!
The way it works is that you get a couple of minutes (probably in the bay weather permitting!) to do as many 'tricks' as you can. These might include dragging your foot in the water, doing a 360 with the sail or a pretty tack or something.

Essentially points will be given for how cool you look. I am hoping my new trick of 'wobbling while standing on the board and occasionally overpowering, dropping the sail and then falling off' goes down especially well.......

So you don't need to be good - its more for fun!

Oh that sounds fun Vicky! Especially as I think I can do your trick too!
I'll give it a go then. Should be good for a laugh anyway.

I am on for it.

Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com