FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hello everyone

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your interest
No I stopped after I left but after a gap of 39 years I considering starting again. If the Cult Figures can do it then why not the Versatile Newts?😀
I’m proud of my time in Felt, even though Lawrence and Maurice were the creative force I think that I helped to shape the band in the early days. Obviously not something that Loz would admit, after all he said at the Q awards that he didn’t need to thank God as he’d ‘done it all on his own’
New Noise? Sorry can’t remember....too much beer
Stay in touch
Nick

Hello Nick

Great to see you here.

Some questions from me if I may:

1) How (in)accurate is this discography: https://www.discogs.com/artist/438671-Nick-Gilbert
2) Did you see the interview with Maurice Deebank that surfaced a couple of years back. It was fascinating stuff, wondered what your take was
3) Were you at the Q&A/screening/book launch at Rough Trade - I think someone mentioned you were, but it was a long time ago. I still regret not taking up my wife's offer to buy me a copy of the book
4) Are you doing anything/did you do anything special for your 60th?! (Belated?) happy birthday!!

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt
Thanks for your questions
The discography is accurate except that sorry to say I was not in Marion.
Maurice’s interview was ‘interesting’, maybe be a little on the pretentious side.
No, I wasn’t at the Rough Trade Q&A but I was at the Birmingham screening of Lawrence of Belgravia.
The books nice, Lawrence sent me a copy.
He sends me most of his stuff, probably to keep me quiet
Thanks for asking about my birthday. Had a nice time with my family, bigger event planned in July. Just deciding how much I want to / can be bothered to wind up Lawrence.
Only joking, he’s my mate.

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply:-)
No further questions your honour!

I think you may have dodged a bullet not being in Marion. I was at the reformation gig in London, having been a big fan first time around. Sadly, Jaime (the singer) came across as beyond repair. He has had well documented (self inflicted) health issues, and it wasn't particularly comfortable watching them. Nothing he did or didn't do, just a stark realisation of how good they could have been.

Re Maurice's interview, I thought he came across as a pretty serious man. No real surprise there, but fascinating to hear from him after such a long silence. And yeah, a bit pretentious it was! All adds to the mystery!

Cheers
Matt

Glad you enjoyed your birthday, you should definitely treat yourself to winding up a mate ;-).

This little back and forth made me laugh

You are right about Jamie from Marion . I was a fan of both LPs and they were quiet good live,
Jamie was quite the looker, for a couple of minutes. Its a shame what happened to him. A real state

He has been a laughing stock for about 20 years now.

Anyway, could you let me know what book you that was referenced ?

Lastly do any of you know where i can get a a copy or a file of lawrence of belgravia, I used to have it but my hardrive broke with all my files on .

It would really help .
I loved Felt, since the 90s. I wasnt as in to Denim although , although i liked it well enough .

Hi Alie

The book is this one - http://www.saintetienne.com/felt-the-book/.
I'd forgotten the title, but it turns out that I was pretty much on the money just by calling it 'the book'.
I didn't buy a copy at the time and regretted it later. All one thousand copies sold out rapidly and I have one seen one for sale since, at a vastly inflated price.

There was a much more affordable, but equally rare book published - again I can't remember the title off the top of my head, but I did have the sense to buy that one at the time. When I'm home I'll find out the name and authors, but currently away for a few days.

I can't help you on the files front. The link to Lawrence of Belgravia that was posted on here a while back had expired by the time I spotted it.

Within the enchanting realm of academia, our Exam Proxy Service transforms into a mystical gateway to the vast expanse of knowledge, where examinations metamorphose into whimsical odysseys. As students embark on these captivating quests, the lines between learning and adventure blur, revealing the boundless wonders hidden within the academic tapestry. Each exam, now a thrilling journey, beckons seekers of wisdom to explore uncharted territories and unravel the secrets of the intellectual universe, making education an enchanting voyage of discovery.