FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sheffield screening/ Tony Race

I went to the Sheffield screening last night - a 3rd viewing for me too - and probably enjoyed it most out of all the ones I've been to. It did strike me that Lawrence and Paul must be getting so bored of answering the same questions at each Q&A: 'How did you meet', 'How long did it take to film' etc.
However, someone asked a really good question, something like 'Did you really sack Tony Race because he had curly hair and, if so, what's wrong with having curls?!' Lawrence spoke about TR for a bit and, whilst he didn't deny the story, he did say that the 'sacked for curls' rumour was just down to a flippant comment. He said that Tony looked like Billy Ficca from Television and that he (Lawrence) was worried that The Fall were going to steal him after they played the Marquee show with them.
There was nothing else particularly new mentioned in the Q&A, apart from Lawrence and Paul saying that from now on they'll claim that THAT final shot was made with a balloon!
Oh yeah, has the film been re-edited? They didn't seem to show the scene with Lawrence reading from the Scooby-Doo play he wrote as a child but there did seem to be a new scene with Lawrence learning the French lyrics to New World in the Morning.