FELT Forum

Welcome to our Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart forum. Feel free to post a message.

FELT Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The waistcoat

Hi Nigel

I've made my appreciation of your insight clear before, and think its indisputable that the board is an infinitely more interesting place when you are posting.

But I'd much prefer to see you continuing the True Felt History posts that you started a good few years back, rather than clearing up some of these more trivial details. Truth be told, I far prefer Lawrence's story than the somewhat more prosaic truth of the matter.

Its things like that that lead people into the Felt history, which can only increase the awareness of Maurice's ability on the guitar. Without Lawrence being the way he is, there is surely a good chance that the early records would have fallen into total obscurity and been long deleted, rather than interest in the band being as high (higher?) than it ever was.

At the time the True Felt History posts ceased when your authenticity was questioned and things got rather heated, but I like to think that those days are long gone. Any remaining doubters out there only need see Lawrence confirming in the film the accuracy of what you wrote.

Please give it some consideration, I think the history you were writing ground to a halt somewhere around the early rehearsals, I'm not sure Gary's recruitment was covered, and other than some confirmation as to whether one of the posters on the board had seen the first ever Felt show by chance, I don't recall any talk of the early shows they played.

All the best,
Matt

Re: The waistcoat

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend"